Recruiting coordinators lead the talent acquisition efforts of companies of all sizes. They have the fun and exciting job of marketing the organization they work for, working to attract and onboard the best person for each open position.
A recruiting coordinator’s job is part human resources, part networking, part marketing and a great deal of research and computer work. As you write your recruiting coordinator job description, use the responsibilities and job skills sections to highlight the marketing and social aspects of the position while also mentioning the technical aspects.
Because this is essentially a marketing job in the human resources department, your ideal candidate will also need excellent communication skills, including public speaking and written communication. For more on how to write a compelling recruiting coordinator job description, refer to the example below.
Recruiting Coordinator Job Summary
Are you an accomplished recruiter who celebrates every candidate match and new hire? Do you love reaching out to people and selling them on a specific role within an organization, sticking with them through the entire onboarding process? If this sounds like you, and if you are a highly organized, people-oriented researcher, we may have a job for you. Our midsize organization is seeking an experienced recruiter to head up our human resources department’s recruiting operations. If you enjoy matching corporate roles to qualified candidates and think you have what it takes to make a positive impact on our team dynamics, apply today.
- Use online spaces, including LinkedIn, to search for, identify and make contact with potential applicants, matching their skills and experience with open positions within the organization
- Screen candidates via resume review and phone interviews to verify appropriate hard and soft skills to fill specified roles and cultural fit with the organization
- Coordinate with team leaders and hiring managers to create appealing, accurate job descriptions and post them online, monitoring traffic and response levels and editing postings whenever necessary
- Arrange interviews with appropriate hiring managers; orchestrate skills testing and background checks
- Verify and follow up with candidates’ personal and professional references and previous employers
- Establish and nurture relationships with representatives of alumni associations, universities, job coaching agencies, temp agencies and other groups that have contact with highly qualified job-seekers
- Arrange new hire orientation and serve as a liaison between all new hires and their respective supervisors
- Manage talent database, including contact information and skill lists of applicants and potential future applicants
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in human resources, business, marketing or a related field
- Three or more years of experience as a recruiter
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven ability to lead a team and generate an action plan
- Experience with LinkedIn and Microsoft Office
- Ability to find and recruit candidates in creative ways
Writing a compelling job ad is the first hurdle in finding the perfect candidate for your job opening. Once you are sure you have included all the required skills and abilities and you have accurately described the role, it is time to publish that employment ad. After you have made sure everyone in the company knows about the vacancy, post it on your website’s employment page.
To get even more exposure for your recruiting coordinator job description and increase the likelihood of getting highly qualified applicants, post it on social media and online job boards. If you are having trouble deciding which boards to post it on, consider using MightyRecruiter to easily create free job postings on hundreds of job boards at once.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter