Research associates help companies increase workload and improve products. They gather data, design tests and help ensure that information is being properly recorded and assessed. They may participate in clean up and administrative duties as well.
A good research associate job description should make clear the skills and education required of the candidates, such as attention to detail and a bachelor’s degree in biology or related field. Some research work can be tedious, so being a self-starter with time-management skills is also good to list.
It’s also important that you receive applications from individuals who have experience with computer software or data collection, depending on your industry, to avoid needing to train the candidate. You can use the research associate job description provided here for reference.
Research Associate Job Summary
Do you love to put two and two together to come up with solutions? Do you enjoy helping others? We are a pharmaceutical company researching a variety of products aimed to combat human health issues. Our team needs an excellent research associate to come on board and help with several projects that are currently in development. You’ll oversee test creation and execution within our state-of-the-art lab facilities, and then coordinate your findings with our top-notch and friendly researchers and scientists. Our company is small, but our goals are big, and you’ll be joining at an exciting time as we take important steps forward within this field.
- Prepare findings and update databases to include newfound information, and create a summary of that analysis to pass on to the project director
- Assist other researchers with various tasks, including data entry, sample care and storage, field research, statistical analysis and presentation preparation
- Conduct cell testing on samples of differing sizes, depending on the procedure guidelines provided by your supervisor, and perform necessary cell cultures
- Verify numerical data in both digital and written form, ensuring that any errors that may occur during transcription are eliminated
- Create research summaries in multiple formats, including spreadsheets, PowerPoint presentations, graphs and standard, written summaries
- Ensure lab cleanliness and safety by maintaining equipment and technician attire, and keeping all samples properly labeled and stored
- Handle necessary administrative paperwork and other documentation needed for project validation and research quality control
- Perform internet searches to gather relevant information, and record any findings in a manner pursuant to facility protocol
Job Skill & Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science in Biology
- Minimum two years’ experience working in a lab
- Experience with cell manipulation
- Extensive training with sterile techniques
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Good computing and mathematical analysis skills
- Certified in lab safety
If you put in the work, you can create a research associate job description that will help you find the perfect applicant. However, writing this posting is only the first step. You need to make sure the job is listed in the right places so the best candidates will learn about the open position. Make sure you reach out to local universities and post the information on your website and social media accounts, such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
You’ll also want to locate and use the best online job boards. There are plenty to choose from, and you can cast a greater net by posting on many or all of them. However, that can be time consuming, so you should consider handing the process over to MightyRecruiter to post to free job boards.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter