It is easy to get lost in the complex process of navigating the world of hiring and job descriptions. As a recruiter, though, it is essential that you have a solid strategy when it comes to creating calls for applicants that cut straight to the chase and do their job of reeling in the most talented candidates for the position at hand. Below, you will find a Respiratory Therapy Services Director Job Description sample that does just this. It touches on all the essential points – title and summary, key responsibilities, skills and qualifications and company profile – without going too in depth in any one section. This style of formatting allows the reader to discern quickly whether he or she is a good fit for the job, which in turn makes your task easier as you will end up with a highly qualified group of job applicants to choose from.
Respiratory Therapy Services Director Job Summary
In the position of Respiratory Therapy Services Director, you will be expected to completed therapy services goals by training other medical care providers, training respiratory therapy students and educating the general community. You will work closely with physicians, nurses and patients on a regular basis.
Respiratory Therapy Services Director Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Accomplish respiratory therapy services goals in regards to human resources by choosing, interviewing, hiring, assigning, training and monitoring new staff, communicating and enforcing rules and regulations amongst them, holding them accountable to clinic rules and regulations, regularly assessing and troubleshooting their job proficiency and outcomes and advising as to compensation specifics for each individual.
- Initiate organizational techniques that will improve respiratory therapy services outcomes and develop information, strategies and changes for the overall department’s direction.
- Monitor the follow-up of staff to both functional and organizational objectives set by the department.
- Evaluate and assess health care trends in order to establish new patterns of service based on vital measurements, productivity statistics, quality control and customer satisfaction and outcome.
- Design operational care systems, monitor influx of resources, troubleshoot respiratory therapy services general issues and implement appropriate change when necessary.
- Encourage positive financial habits by assessing prior year financial trends and variances and forecasting for current and future years in order to optimize monetary dealings, restructure finances as necessary and align resources with supply and demand and economic indicators.
- Educate medical care providers, such as staff and nurses, through seminars on critical respiratory care and increasing awareness of respiratory therapy health issues throughout the clinical community.
- Arrange educational opportunities for respiratory therapy services students, including organizing their clinical rounds, observing and giving feedback on each of their performances, coaching them through assessments, recommending additional educational outlooks and engaging them with appropriate learning modalities.
- Act on medical care provider committees and boards with respiratory therapy-oriented projects inside and outside the clinical realm.
- Acknowledge, research and install developing respiratory therapy services technology and equipment and aid in the regular restructuring of resources in order to improve health care outcomes.
- Spread awareness of national, state and local regulations regarding respiratory therapy services and maintain these standards among staff and students.
- Maintain relevance by keeping up with professional journals, associating with professional organizations and networks and joining with continuing education advancements.
Respiratory Therapy Services Director Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Respiratory Therapy
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) required
- 2 years proficiency with physiological and clinical skills
- 2 years management experience
- 1-2 years hands-on experience in hospital setting
The Haywood Hope Medical Center has been the primary care center for many of Haywood County’s residents since 2003. The mission of the Center is to continue to provide outstanding care for our patients and maintain our reputation as one of the highest quality medical care facilities in Western North Carolina.
Writing a Job Description Best Practices
- The above is just one example of how to write an excellent Respiratory Therapy Services Director job description. Here are some more dos and don’ts to remember.
- Don’t leave out the location of your company and any relevant satellite offices that the candidate might want to know about.
- Don’t forget the importance of action verbs throughout the description.
- Do display your company’s culture and personality within your description of it.
Armed with the tips above, you will be well prepared to get started writing your own winning job description.
Respiratory Therapy Services Director Job Responsibilities
The job responsibilities section is one of the most important parts of the respiratory therapy services director job description, because it is where jobseekers decide either to apply or not apply. Quality jobseekers look for quality job descriptions, so you want a responsibilities section that conveys to potential employees that yours is a business worth working for.
You should be very thorough when describing what the position entails. You do not want an applicant caught off-guard, should he or she get an interview or the job and then encounter an unexpected situation. Use a detailed, bulleted list that goes over all the major responsibilities of the profession, but not the minor, assumed ones like checking emails. Begin each line with a strong action verb to help keep the respiratory therapy services director job description succinct and to the point, so applicants can really imagine themselves performing these roles.
Here are some examples of respiratory therapy services director job responsibilities:
- Devise work schedules for all employees to maximize efficiency
- Review all laws and regulations to ensure the facility is up to code
- Create objectives and goals for the department and its employees
- Hire, instruct and oversee new employees
- Verify and maintain amounts of drugs and prescriptions
Respiratory Therapy Services Director Job Specifications
You need to state both the necessary and preferred certifications and abilities that you are looking for in a candidate in the job qualifications and skills section of the respiratory therapy services director job description. This will ensure that you receive applications from those who are most fit for the job. While this section is not as meaty as the responsibilities portion, it is just as important. If your posting lacks a set of well-developed job specifications, unqualified jobseekers might waste your time, applying for the position without knowing that their experience and training are unsuitable.
Speak to multiple people in your organization regarding the skills and qualifications that jobseekers need to have. Managers and people in similar positions at your facility can offer valuable insights as to which specifications are requirements versus which are preferable. By having a strong qualifications and skills section in the respiratory therapy services director job description, you will reduce the number of under- and overqualified applicants, leading to a more focused hiring process.
What follows are samples of respiratory therapy services director job specifications to inspire your own job posting:
- Bachelor’s degree in health administration, health management or related field; master’s degree in public health administration, business administration or related field preferable
- Strong knowledge of federal and local laws regarding respiratory therapy services facilities
- At least 3 years’ experience in health administration
- Capable of working with large teams of doctors and nurses to improve quality of services