Provides shelf-management and point-of-purchase services for supermarket sales. Participates in community events to enhance brand recognition and establish relationships.
Retail Merchandiser Qualifications and Skills
- High school diploma or GED
- 1 to 2 years of merchandising experience preferred
- Superior customer service
- Self-driven and a positive attitude
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Great communication skills
- Ability to conduct physical work, often lifting up to 50 pounds
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Access to reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, and auto insurance
Retail Merchandiser Job Responsibilities and Duties
• Stocks products on shelves, increases product display space, and improves shelf positioning
• Adjusts product facings when necessary
• Removes freshness-dated and damaged products
• Understands individual store plans in order to help with product re-sets
• Maintains client relationships by visiting with employees, department managers, and store managers
• Collaborates with team members on display of products
• Maintains inventory by observing inventory levels, reordering when levels appear low, and arranging for credit for damaged products
• Sets up displays for special promotions, observes customer reaction to promotions, and removes promotions at end of promotion stage
• Observes and reports on pricing and display of competitors’ products
• Records inventory, hours, and online surveys on computer system
ABC Merchandising is a company that distributes a number of different health food brands and products. As a growing company, we are looking to continue to boost sales and increase the number of stores in which to feature our products. We are looking for motivated individuals who share our love of healthier living and want to share our products with others. We offer incentives for a variety of things, including improved sales.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter
Best Practices When Writing a Job Description
While the above retail merchandiser sample job description is a good outline to follow, there are some other tips that will help you write a job description that will attract top candidates. The following are some best practices that should save you the trouble of having to weed out applicants who are not suited for the job.
• Use bullet points in the responsibilities and qualifications sections. This helps to break up the content so that it is easier to read.
• Try to be as specific and concise as possible. Your goal is to give potential applicants a feel for what a typical day would be like on the job, so be clear as to what their duties would be.
• When deciding whether to add salary and benefit information, check with your company policy. Some organizations don’t allow that information to be publicized.
• This is your chance to show the candidate what the company environment is like. Share information that would add value to the applicant and would make them want to work there. You can discuss the company’s mission and values, future goals, or unique employee perks. If the organization has a laid back vibe that allows for casual dress, include that in the company profile.
• Always make it easy for an applicant to apply for the position. Insert a call to action at the end of the posting and include the email address or mail address that the application and resume should be sent to.
• In order to attract more potential candidates, use relevant keywords in the job description. Use words that job seekers would enter into an internet search. Use the phrase up to five or six times in the posting, which gives you a better chance of showing up on the first page of a search.