A rolling machine setter typically has to prepare equipment designed to flatten steel or plastic. Duties for this type of position can include documenting production numbers, maintaining equipment, inspecting finished pieces and reading blueprints.
While understanding the day-to-day responsibilities of a rolling machine setter can help you write an informative description, you need to include important skills in order to really find a promising candidate. Your rolling machine setter job description should include physical strength, stamina and dexterity. Computer skills, team work and communication can be very important for this role.
If you really want to find great employees for your company, you need to know exactly what elements to include in your posting for an open position. Look over the following rolling machine setter job description for a little insight.
Rolling Machine Setter Job Summary
Do you enjoy working with your hands? Are you excited to put your mechanical skills to good use? If you want a job that kicks boring to the curb and provides varied responsibilities in a team environment, then you may want to join our hardworking team as rolling machine setter. You have the chance to work closely with skilled rolling machine operators and tenders to complete projects and meet product specifications. Enhance your analytical skills by reading blueprints to know how to set up your equipment each day, and learn how to work with various materials as you set them into machines, sometimes with hoists. Challenge yourself, solve problems and work with your hands as our new teammate.
- Adjust the setup of machines at the start of each shift, or whenever changing projects, to ensure the products will have the right thickness and shape without defects
- Determine setup specifications, product dimensions, installation procedures and work sequences by reviewing mill schedule and rolling orders daily
- Read the blueprints to determine the specifications of the current project in order to pick out the best raw materials based on size and any other important characteristics
- Feed sheets or rods of plastic or metal through the rolling machine to aid the operator in the flattening of the materials
- Use hand tools to install special equipment, such as guards, cooling equipment, gears and guides, onto the rolling machines as needed
- Inspect materials as they come out of the rolling machine to make sure the products meet the specifications on the blueprint
- Assist operators and tenders in the inspection and maintenance of the equipment to keep everything running smoothly and efficiently
- Keep a record of the materials used every day for an accurate inventory
Job Skills & Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Physical endurance required for repetitive movements
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to make quick decisions
- Good hand and arm dexterity
- Good time management skills
- Familiarity with a variety of rolling machines, such as cluster rolling mills, roughing mills and tandem rolling mills
Creating an informative rolling machine setter job description is a big part of finding top candidates. However, once the posting has been written, you need to work hard to make sure a wide audience sees it. You can do this by putting your description up on a variety of online job boards and using your company website and social media networks. You’ll have a greater chance of finding an employee who meets, or even exceeds, your expectations when you have a large candidate pool.
Posting your job description on multiple boards simultaneously can be easier and less time consuming than you might think. MightyRecruiter gives you the opportunity to post to free job boards so you can put your best foot forward when you start your search for a high-quality employee.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter