Roofers repair, replace and install new roofs. They need to be comfortable using a wide range of materials from metal to shingles. Roofers are responsible for inspecting the structure to determine the best course of action and should be skilled in providing customers with estimates for how much the job will cost.
Your roofer job description should state that applicants need to be in good physical shape. This is because this line of work requires a lot of lifting, standing and hammering. Additionally, roofers should not be afraid of heights and should be comfortable working high up off the ground.
Finally, since roofers will routinely be on other people’s property, good personal service skills are essential. Roofers need to be kind and respectful whenever on a worksite. You can take a look at the roofer job description sample below to see for yourself how this material needs to be written.
Roofer Job Summary
Do you enjoy fixing up houses and helping people in your community? Certified roofers are needed all year round, especially during the rainy season when a lot of homeowners realize their roof has sprung a leak. Not only will you have an opportunity to work on all different styles of houses, but you will become familiar with installations methods for all different kinds of roofing materials the company offers. As a roofer, you will work as part of a spirited team that knows how to get a job done but also when to have fun. After some time, you may even be put in charge of certain projects.
- Repair roofs, including filling in holes, replacing missing shingles and flashing, working on the chimney, removing water damaged pieces and more
- Install new roofs by measuring the current dimensions of the house and cutting the roofing materials to ensure a perfect fit
- Inspect roofs when a customer wants a routine examination done, and create comprehensive reports for any problem areas and potential solutions
- Establish scaffolding and other pieces of safety equipment, and ensure everyone on the worksite is always working in a safe, secure manner
- Sell certain services to clients, such as waterproofing or adding a skylight, while also being respectful and never too forward
- Reach out to past clients at regular intervals to ask if they need anything else done to their roof
- Install proper insulation in the attic area, and tear out any old insulation that does not meet current state guidelines
- Apply paint to the surface of the roof
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Certification in roofing
- At least 18 years old
- Able to pass a drug test
- Able to work in the United States
- Reliable transportation
- Knowledge of different types of roofing systems
- Knowledge of building ordinances
- Two years of experience working as a roofer
Include plenty of details in your roofer job description so that people reading it know whether they should apply or just move on. Additionally, being detailed will make your description stand out from other companies that are also looking to hire new roofers. As great as your job description might be, you still need to make sure people can locate it on the web.
Naturally, you should post the job description on your company website as well as your Facebook and LinkedIn profiles. Social media is a great resource for remaining in touch with people interested in your industry who may feel inclined to apply when a job opening comes up. However, that can be time consuming, so do not call it a day until you consider using MightyRecruiter for free job postings on hundreds of online job boards.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter