Safety managers are tasked with heading up the health and safety aspects of any business. It is common for these professionals to work in industrial environments where there is daily danger of injury, but it is possible for them to work in any field. They oversee operations to identify unsafe aspects, make changes and develop new safety policies. They also ensure a business complies with mandated safety policies.
First and foremost, your safety manager job description should include the requirement that candidates are analytical with problem-solving skills and a good attention to small details. All of these attributes make it possible for them to accomplish the responsibilities of a safety manager effectively.
Additionally, it is vital that these professionals have the communication skills to relay safety information and improvements to others. Learn more about how to best create your job description from the following safety manager job description template.
Safety Manager Job Summary
If you are an organized leader with analytical and problem-solving skills, we are looking for you to become our new safety manager. If you are familiar with the manufacturing process and have industrial management and leadership experience, you are a perfect fit to join our team. You will oversee all manufacturing process to ensure no dangerous procedures are being taken and make the adjustments necessary to ensure all machine operators are safe at all times. Put your research skills to good use and enter a fulfilling career making the lives of our employees safer by becoming our new safety manager.
- Oversee all operations, watching for practices and processes that violate safety policies or create a dangerous situation, taking measures necessary to create a safe working environment
- Analyze all standard procedures, creating reports based on their safety and areas that need improvement
- Make recommendations to management, executives and individual employees for ways to improve safety and efficiency
- Collaborate with other safety managers to ensure the best procedures are adhered to at all times and all employees are following safety policies properly
- Research safety policies that are mandated by state and federal government, as well as optional policies adopted by other businesses, analyzing whether they would be beneficial to implement in our business
- Inspect machinery and facilities on a daily basis to ensure they are in proper working order and no safety hazards are endangering any employees
- Review safety reports from other managers, analyzing which changes will be the most beneficial and how improvements can be made
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum five years of working experience in manufacturing
- Associate degree in business or related field
- Two years in management or leadership
- Bachelor degree or higher in a related field
It is vital you remember that the writing of your safety manager job description is only the beginning of the hiring process. Once you are confident your job description will attract the right kind of professionals, it is time to think about how you will advertise the opening. In addition to the standard posts on social media and through the company website, consider posting the job description on online job boards. This will not only increase the number of people who see it, but its audience will include far more people who are looking for employment specifically.
MightyRecruiter offers many tools that help you make the most of your job description. Through our site, it is possible to post your job opening on hundreds of online job boards simultaneously. Find more talented professionals with a bigger audience. Check out how MightyRecruiter can help you post jobs for free.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter