Sales account managers are the management team responsible for overseeing individual sales representatives in a business. They are typically the lowest management staff, with higher professionals managing the entire account manager team. These professionals oversee sales performances, analyze sales numbers and put sales strategies into practice to make improvements.
At the core of the sales account manager position are communication and leadership skills. They must be comfortable managing others, so your sales account manager job description should reflect this. It is also important that they have a firm understanding of sales and the responsibilities of sales representatives.
There are secondary required skills that include analysis, critical thinking, decision making and organization. Because account managers occasionally will interact with clients, it is necessary for them to have sales and negotiation abilities. Learn what the best way to implement these skills is with the following example sales account manager job description.
Sales Account Manager Job Summary
Are you a natural leader with experience in the sales field? Do you have an analytical mind when it comes to reviewing numbers and finding ways to improve? We are seeking a sales account manager with all these attributes. You are a talented sales professional who can help others succeed in your area of expertise. As our newest sales account manager, you will join our management team and oversee the performance of the sales representatives, making sure they are successfully interacting with clients and closing sales consistently. Join our dynamic team of sales and management professionals and help make a difference in the way our company impacts your community.
- Manage several sales accounts and oversee the associated sales representatives to ensure all client needs are met quickly and professionally
- Review sales numbers for your assigned accounts, identifying areas in need of improvement, speaking with sales representatives to confirm issues, working together to create a solution and developing new strategies to improve sales numbers
- Interact with clients when requested, ensuring they are satisfied and all issues are resolved quickly and efficiently
- Create sales reports for all your assigned accounts to be presented to the director of sales, incorporating all aspects of the sales representatives’ performance and sales numbers
- Direct sales representatives to prospective new clients and give instruction for how to best build a relationship with them
- Take part in planned training programs and aid sales representatives in developing the sales techniques, skills and knowledge necessary for success
- Complete administrative duties, filling out forms, creating reports and entering information into spreadsheets
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Associate degree in sales, business management or related field
- Five years working in sales or customer service
- Bachelor degree in business management
- Two years in a management position
As important as it is to focus on creating a polished sales account manager job description, it will not do you any good unless it reaches an audience of job seekers. You may be planning to advertise the opening through social media or on your company’s website, but it is even more beneficial to post the job description on online job boards. This is an excellent way to reach job seekers who are looking for this type of work specifically.
In order to make the most of your job description, turn to MightyRecruiter. Our site makes it possible for you to post your job description to hundreds of online job boards all at once, which increases your chances of finding the talented sales professional to best complete your sales department. Post jobs for free by choosing to take advantage of all the impressive job posting tools MightyRecruiter has to offer.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter