A Salesforce developer may design, code, test and implement new Salesforce software applications to meet project objectives and support new or expanding business objectives. Many aspects of the job are similar to those of a software developer, including analysis, testing and deployment of new or updated software applications.
Your Salesforce developer job description should include technical proficiency with the Salesforce platform along with general software development expertise. Candidates should be able to participate in the entire development lifecycle from design through deployment. Ability to code in the Apex language is essential, and knowledge of other coding languages is helpful.
A Salesforce developer should understand the basic principles of business software design and customer relationship management. Creativity and analytical skills are also important. Read through the Salesforce developer job description below to see what other information to include in your own job listing.
Salesforce Developer Job Summary
Are you an experienced Salesforce developer who is always looking for new ways to solve problems, meet challenges and improve software capability and functionality? If so, we want you to join our team and contribute your expertise to design and build world-class applications to meet evolving requirements and improve our internal and client-facing Salesforce environment. You will be working in a supportive and fast-paced team with some of the top experts in the Salesforce development industry and will enjoy numerous opportunities to increase your professional knowledge and acquire prestigious certifications. Bring your passion for elegant coding and customized design to our company and enjoy excellent pay and benefits, a generous vacation package and unique advancement opportunities.
- Develop customized solutions within the Salesforce platform to support critical business functions and meet project objectives, client requirements and company goals
- Manage daily support and maintenance of internal Salesforce instance, and conduct long-term improvement operations to ensure compatibility with evolving mission requirements
- Communicate with project managers, clients and other developers to design cohesive project strategies and ensure effective collaboration throughout all phases of development, testing and deployment
- Maintain a flexible and proactive work environment to facilitate a quick response to changing project requirements and customer objectives, and innovate ways to meet mission goals successfully
- Interact directly with clients, managers and end users as necessary to analyze project objectives and capability requirements, including specifications for user interfaces, customized applications and interactions with internal Salesforce instances
- Provide system administration support of internal and customer-facing Salesforce environment, especially related to customized applications, user permissions, security settings, custom objects and workflow
- Collaborate with various internal departments, including marketing, product development and operations, to ensure Salesforce environment supports internal needs relating to functionality and performance
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science
- Minimum work experience: eight years of software development and four years of Salesforce application development
- Self-motivated and creative
- Salesforce Developer Certification
- Experience developing customer-facing user interfaces
Before you start your hiring campaign, it’s important to have a well-defined posting strategy for your Salesforce developer job description. Most hiring managers agree that posting a job listing in multiple places increases visibility and the number of applications from qualified and motivated candidates. Along with free and paid online job boards, you can post your listing to professional social networks and your company’s official website.
Another option is to send your job description to your current employees and ask for personal recommendations for consideration. Working through all the individual aspects of a comprehensive posting strategy can take a significant amount of time. It’s important to find ways to improve the efficiency of the process and reduce the time it takes to find and hire the right person. You can save time by using MightyRecruiter to post jobs for free to hundreds of boards.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter