A scrum master is a management professional who subscribes to the Agile philosophies to guide transformation in the workplace. This enables professionals to respond quickly and optimally to changes in their profession or industry. Focus, communication and collaboration are keywords that guide a scrum master to challenge work teams to excellence. Reacting readily to changes keeps business interests competitive, which is why scrum masters are utilized in the professional world.
When you write your scrum master job description, you will want to be sure to include the superior ability to engage and lead teams of professionals as a required job skill. Knowledge of how to integrate software to the core objectives of the industry is another asset a successful scrum master will have.
Take a look at this scrum master job description template to see how to express requirements for your job description and how to best format them.
Scrum Master Job Summary
Used by higher education, military and now business professionals, the Agile framework is a way to optimize business functions that has been proven. Our company currently is seeking to optimize operations in its enterprise planning team by hiring a scrum manager. The successful applicant will have a passion for teamwork and collaboration in business, as well as the experience with teamwork to create an Agile workforce. You should be knowledgeable about both engaging team members and leveraging technology to further benefit business processes. Apply today to be part of one of the highest profile companies in the biochemical industry and make a positive difference with us!
- Guide teams to a culture of focus, improving the organization of their work through sprint planning and reviews throughout a project life cycle
- Guides departments and teams towards cross-functional orientation by serving as an Agile consultant, helping plan and coordinate new workflows and patterns and scheduling of task assignments and goals
- Continually monitor progress of team members across department boundaries and provide support to engage employees to achieve goals
- Form partnerships across departments to streamline work processes and improve the speed at which the company can respond to and capitalize on opportunities
- Integrate technology into employee workflows to increase the speed and accuracy of changes to improve the results of these work processes, emphasizing continuous improvement
- Complete monthly status reports and present to upper management
- Escalate issues in the implementation of Agile methodologies to expedite process correction, creating strategies that resonate with the culture of the organization
- Teach the concepts of task definition, velocity and burndown metrics to all staff
Job Skills & Qualifications
- At least two years of experience with exercising Agile methodology
- Bachelor degree in Business
- Strong knowledge of Scrum, Agile and Lean methodologies
- A Master of Business Administration
Now that you have written the perfect scrum master job description, it is time to post it and start considering candidates. To make sure you have an optimum selection of applicants, your job listing must be posted where it will be seen by qualified individuals. The careers section of your company website and social media pages are a good place to start, but to get as many eyes as possible on your post, it should be on internet job boards.
With the variety of job boards online, it is easy to get overwhelmed with the commitment of time it takes to post on many different ones. To get the most exposure for your posting, however, multiple posting venues are necessary. To streamline the process, you can post jobs for free to hundreds of job boards with MightyRecruiter.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter