Semiconductor processors are primarily responsible for manufacturing semiconductors. In addition to the physical creation process, they are also tasked with overlooking orders and plans for errors or so they can tackle administrative or organizational challenges and inspect and maintain machinery.
The most important quality to include on your semiconductor processor job description is technical knowledge. It is absolutely essential that every candidate has an intimate knowledge of the way semiconductors are created, used and tested. This is at the core of the position.
It is wise to include several secondary skills as well to improve the candidates who apply. It is also important for semiconductor processors to be organized, have administrative capabilities, excellent communicators and developed critical thinking. It may also be useful for them to have leadership or management experience. The following semiconductor processor job description shows some of the best ways to list these requirements.
Semiconductor Processor Job Summary
We are looking for technologically minded individuals with excellent administrative and organizational capabilities. If you are looking for the opportunity to put your manufacturing and development skills to the test, we are excited to offer you a spot on our team of semiconductor processors. You will create semiconductors, as well as process and inspect them to make sure our high quality assurance standards are always met. We are a leading producer of the semiconductor technology that allows all sorts of technological advancements in electrical circuits and computer science to be possible. Join our dynamic team and help improve the technology of the future.
- Use standard semiconductor processing machinery by manipulating switches, levers and other input methods to facilitate semiconductor creation and processing
- Inspect all manufactured semiconductors to ensure no issues compromise their integrity or function, making note of problems that may be causing a large number of conductors to fail
- Measure circuitry using electrical equipment and other test machinery, keeping careful records of all findings
- Perform maintenance on all semiconductor creation and processing machinery, including cleaning the semiconductor wafers and replacing the etching and rinsing solutions
- Use vacuum wand and tweezers to move semiconductors in processing containers or other holders carefully, taking measures not to damage the product
- Load equipment chambers to transport finished semiconductors to be shipped or for the next stage of processing
- Complete reports of production, including accurate numbers and precise descriptions of issues that impaired production for management staff
- Collaborate with other semiconductor processors to more efficiently complete work
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Associate degree in microelectronics or a physical science
- Two years of working experience in manufacturing
- Bachelor degree in microelectronics or other technology-related field
- Experience in a position of leadership or management
Writing and making sure your semiconductor processor job description is as strong as possible is only the first step. Next, you must work on advertising the opening so more candidates will see it and apply for it. There are many methods to approach this challenge, but one of the best is to use online job boards. These sites are especially beneficial because many job seekers frequent them, each searching for a specific kind of position. Using these boards, you can attract many talented applicants in your local area.
MightyRecruiter makes it possible for you to improve the hiring process. Our posting tools put your job description on hundreds of online job boards at the same time, maximizing the response your job opening will receive. Use the free job postings that MightyRecruiter offers to take an active approach to hiring.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter