If your company has a new or recently vacated position that has to be filled, you are going to need a good job description to catch the eyes of the right people. Working as a recruiter or a hiring manager means that you often have several jobs that need filling at the same time, which means that you really can’t afford to spend hours going through hundreds of applications for people who simply aren’t qualified. A solid job description keeps this needless time sink at bay by firmly stating what you want to see in candidates. You’ll get your job done faster, and your company will be able to move forward much sooner. For some inspiration, take a look at the Senior Data Integration Developer job description sample below.
Senior Data Integration Developer Job Summary
In the senior data integration developer position, you will provide support to the performance of the company’s data warehouse. This will be done by crafting and delivering plans for data integration as well as monitoring other members of the data handling team.
Senior Data Integration Developer Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Elevates results achieved by data integration team by serving as its chief method of support, planning solution presentations, addressed questions, improving processes and serving as a mentor
- Examines sources of data through user interviews and data object analysis
- Crafts strategies for data integration process by developing data definitions, developing a standard system that all team members use, looking for areas with optimization potential, integrating the most effective tools and setting deadlines
- Delivers data integration through the implementation of shared databases, modification and optimization of current systems, managing the exchange and storing of data, and making recommendations when upgrades or changes are needed to maintain smooth operations
- Makes improvements to the data integration process by crafting and assessing new formats for data interchange, rewriting team expectations and procedures as needed, and improving physical design
- Optimizes data warehouse performance by dealing with any data conflicts that arise and keeping data definitions up to date
- Updates knowledge of best practices for senior data integration position by keeping track of new technologies and strategies for ETL, partaking in workshops and other educational opportunities, widening personal networks and reading industry publications
Senior Data Integration Developer Skills and Qualifications
- Managing company information databases
- Knowledge of standard industry operating systems
- Information analysis
- Ability to effectively communicate
- Crafting models to present data
- Basic consulting skills
- Ad hoc reporting
- Ability to analyze, meet and recommend adjustments for company requirements
- Knowledge of data conversion techniques
White Wolf Studios has been one of the foremost video game developers in the world for the last decade. Our purpose is to stay at the head of our industry while cultivating a creative environment for our development team to continue to innovate in this exciting artistic medium. Our mission is to keep our large community of fans satisfied with our current games lineup while also pushing the boundaries of what they can expect from us.
Best Policies for Writing Job Descriptions
- While the Senior Data Integration Developer job description sample presented above should serve you well as a guideline for a similar position in your company, the reality is that there are not always going to be blueprints for you to follow. Fortunately, there are a few basic principles that, when followed, will result in solid writing every time.
- Do demonstrate the culture and personality of the people in your company. If a talented individual is considering applying for a position at your firm, you want him or her to accurately feel that fitting in is going to be an quick and easy process.
- Don’t write the job description in a vacuum. Perhaps the best way to ensure that your writing appeals to the right people in the industry is to speak with current employees at your company in positions similar to that of the opening to get a solid grasp of the responsibilities it entails.
- Do use bullets to present your information. When people look through job postings online, they want to be able to quickly parse out the bits of information that they are seeking to effectively compare your opening with others. Text blocks only encourage confusion and look cluttered in a way that will be off-putting to the best people in the industry.
Our Senior Data Integration Developer job description sample is a great example of what yours needs to look like in order to make the talent investments necessary to push your company forward.
Want to use this job description?
Senior Data Integration Developer Job Responsibilities
A senior data integration developer job description should include a substantial and detailed list of responsibilities. This position is high-ranking and specialized, and applicants will need to know exactly what you expect them to do in order to determine whether they should apply. Even though this position likely involves complex analysis and coding, you should aim to make the list of responsibilities accessible and easy to read.
Organize the job responsibilities section using bullet points and address one specific duty per point. It may be easier to break down complicated tasks into discrete items if you start each line with an action verb. Try to keep this list short and manageable – ideally less than eight items. If you are having a hard time writing a straightforward senior data integration developer job description, ask related developers or management to prioritize the most essential elements of this role.
Here are a few general senior data integration developer job responsibilities to help you get started:
- Lead data integration team and oversee development process by establishing specifications and determining applications
- Consolidate databases and streams into accessible sources to increase efficiency of recall and overall productivity
- Test and introduce new interchange formats and methods for design, extraction and transformation
- Maintain and optimize integration methods and sources
- Identify factors that prevent successful integration and create or revise structures accordingly
Senior Data Integration Developer Job Specifications
The qualifications and skills section can further limit and refine the resumes you receive. The criteria you will list in a senior data integration developer job description are also likely detailed and complex. You should identify the types of systems your company uses as well as the development frameworks and coding languages in which you expect expert proficiency.
For assistance, consult with senior developers or management to ensure that the job description is accurate and detailed enough to attract the most competitive candidates. You may also want to break down the qualifications into requirements and preferences. If you’re flexible, you may allow the specifications to include qualified applicants with a slightly different background. Regardless, candidates that apply for this senior role should have extensive development experience.
The formatting of this section of a senior data integration developer job description should be clear and precise. Using bullet points can allow prospective applicants to approach these specifications as a checklist and determine whether they have enough of the requisite skills to make it worth their while to apply.
The following senior data integration developer job specifications can help you to target top applicants:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or a related field with a minimum of five years of relevant development experience
- Prior experience in data integration and analysis
- Experience working on a team and interfacing with several departments
- Strong leadership and mentorship skills