Senior internal auditors head up a company’s auditing team, keeping a close eye on the company’s finances. Internal auditors examine a company’s books for inefficient practices and help come up with solutions that make the company more effective. They also handle the company’s taxes and make sure it is in compliance with all relevant legislation.
Make sure that your company’s senior internal auditor job description addresses the most important skills necessary for the position. These include a sharp analytical mind and communication proficiency. Since you trust your auditor to recommend courses of action that will benefit the company, the right person for the position has the ability to make tough decisions.
To find someone with the right experience and skills, your senior internal auditor job description has to be specific and also appealing for applicants. Use the example below to get started and to discover additional information.
Senior Internal Auditor Job Summary
Do you love puzzles, problem-solving and research? Does math flow through your veins? A position in internal auditing is your opportunity to keep a company running at peak efficiency as you anticipate future circumstances. If you’re a person who doesn’t shy away from responsibility, this is the perfect career for you to use your judgement in company policies. As the senior internal auditor, you work under the internal auditing manager and have the opportunity to supervise and lead multiple teams within the department. There’s nothing more exciting than learning how a company works, sifting through its data, finding potential pitfalls and correcting them, and that’s what you get to do every day with us.
- Lead planned audits into the company, including organizing teams, inspecting accounts, checking compliance with applicable laws, detecting ineffective or inefficient practices and verifying financial records
- Organize and present meaningfully detailed reports to communicate the results of an audit to company management
- Supplement written reports with suggestions for changes in policy
- Communicate with other departments to verify records and confirm company policies
- Evaluate company inventory, records, worker statements, assets, payrolls, cash on hand, insurance, tax statements and annuities, and use the information to guide financial policy
- Decide whether the company’s financial actions and policies reflect its intentions, and make judgment calls to improve the company’s trajectory if need be
- Research federal and state financial laws and examine the company’s books to ensure compliance, and inform management immediately if there is a discrepancy
- Review past data, stay informed about new developments and be prepared to integrate changing books into a current policy
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or another related field
- CIA certification
- At least 5 years of experience in private or public accounting or auditing
- Mathematical, analytical, communication (written and oral), time management, decision making and leadership skills
- Proficiency with auditing software
The best applicant is out there somewhere, with all the skills to make your company’s finances run more smoothly than they ever have before. First, however, that person has to read your senior internal auditor job description, which means you need to get your posting where people can see it.
Posting a job description to your company’s social media accounts, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn, and website is easy, but that’s not where the majority of applicants go first. The best bet is to get your post onto online job boards, but that process tends to be tedious. To post to free job boards quickly, use the power of MightyRecruiter.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter