A senior Java developer is an experienced information technology professional who has developed software for several years. This type of developer can create as well as support both front and back end applications that utilize large amounts of data.
When you write your senior Java developer job description, make sure to include the need for expertise in several coding languages such as Perl, C++, object-oriented language and Sass. A senior Java developer should also have experience in leading a development team through a complete development lifecycle.
Since leading a team through development takes coordination of resources, you should also ask for a senior Java developer who has excellent communication skills and is agile with planning. Take a look at this senior Java developer job description to see what else to include in your job description.
Senior Java Developer Job Summary
Do you have the skills and knowledge to take the lead of a stellar IT department? Do you live and breathe coding? At Great West Bank, we care about the quality of service our customers experience around the country, which is why we need a senior Java developer like you to make a major contribution to the direction of our enterprise system development and front-end web applications. Use your experience in life-cycle development of database report solutions and many coding languages to make a significant difference with employee as well as customer users of our computer interfaces. If you are excited about using cutting-edge technology in a fast-paced work environment, apply today!
- Work with other members of a planning team to develop a prototype plan for an enterprise system that will process millions of records per day, including what key features system users require in the system as well as integration strategies to update existing systems that will transition into the new system build down the road
- Develop modules of the initial enterprise system plan and work with the development team by coding advanced portions of the modules and delegating routine coding to junior Java developers
- Conduct the testing of completed code modules with the help of junior Java developers, fixing code as needed to ensure a smooth system deployment with the intended functionality
- Plan and execute all deployment of system features and monitor for successful integration, maintaining the system throughout its lifecycle
- Build, test and support various desktop applications at the request of the business support department
- Recommend software solutions to emerging needs in banking functionality and report ability
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Advanced experience in Java and Java Applets in the enterprise development process
- Web programming and user interface design experience
- Excellent communication and delegation skills
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field
- Software debugging experience
Now that you have written your own senior Java developer job description, you need to create a plan to give your listing the biggest exposure possible. You will want to target both active and inactive job seekers. With a high-level IT position such as this, qualified individuals may not be actively looking for a job, but when an opportunity piques their interest, they will apply for the position.
You can post the job on your website or social media platforms such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter. There are so many job boards online that listing to both niche and broad job boards can take up a prohibitive amount of time. Quickly post jobs for free to hundreds of job boards by using MightyRecruiter for extensive job exposure.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter