Hiring the right individual is important in order for your business to be successful. An important part of this process is to write a job description that will attract individuals who are qualified for the position. This will save you a lot of time by eliminating the need to sort through the applications of applicants who won’t be a good fit for your organization. There are many components that are important when writing a job posting that will bring in resumes of top-notch talent. The following senior sales executive job description sample will help guide you when writing yours.
Senior Sales Executive Job Summary
Work with a team to identify prospects and bring in new sales. Maintain ongoing relationships with existing clients. Help guide the team by mentoring newer team members.
Senior Sales Executive Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Produce new revenue by researching and analyzing potential prospects and sales options.
- Develop relationships with prospects and recommend solutions to improve their production through the use of your products. New leads may be generated through canvassing, cold calling, partner relationships, and customer referrals.
- Meet sales revenue targets.
- Develop, implement, and maintain sales activities and plans.
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with current clients and their management teams by providing information, guidance, and support; recommending service and profit improvements; and recommending new opportunities.
- Lead and coordinate contract negotiations for a successful close.
- Prepare reports by analyzing and summarizing information.
- Mentor team members and teach improved processes in order to enhance staff accomplishments.
Senior Sales Executive Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of five years sales experience in business-to business sales
- Have a consultative sales approach
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Good presentation skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and work under stress
- Driven and motivated
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Willingness and ability to travel 30-40% of the time
- Ability to work as a team
BTI Technology combines the best in technology and media, and we work with medium to large-sized businesses. Our cutting-edge products and services help improve the lives of millions of people. We have a passion for teamwork and we depend on our remarkable staff to help us with our continued success. Although we are a fast-paced environment, we offer substantial compensation packages and bonuses for jobs well done.
Best Practices of Writing a Job Description
- When writing your next job description, the above senior sales executive job description sample is a good guideline to follow. However, it also helps to have some additional tips when sitting down to design a good job description. The following will give you some good ideas so that your job posting attracts the right candidates from the beginning.
- Use bullet points when possible in order to make the job description easier to read. They are especially effective when listing the job responsibilities and qualifications.
- Be specific and concise. You want to be very clear about what the job entails so that potential candidates can imagine themselves working in the role. You also want it to be concise enough so that the reader doesn’t get bored and move on to the next application. Do your best to keep the posting to fewer than 700 words.
- Show off your company’s culture and personality by using words and a writing style that match the company’s environment. If you are an old-school business where people wear suits every day, or if you are a new start up that has a casual vibe, make this known. Your goal is to attract people who will fit in with the environment.
- Always include a call to action to persuade candidates to apply for the position. Include an invitation as well as the name of the hiring manager and email, mail, or internet address.
- Optimize for search visibility by using keywords or phrases that are often used by job candidates in your industry. If you are not sure of which words are good, use resources such as Google AdWords. Strategically post these words throughout the job description but don’t use them more than five or six times.
- Check with your company policy before posting benefit or salary information.
Senior Sales Executive Job Responsibilities
The job responsibilities section of your senior sales executive job description is one of the most important areas of the document because it’s what first draws the attention of jobseekers. Making it easy for interested candidates to read is especially important, so using a bulleted format is a great choice. This format condenses the large amount of information you’ll be communicating so that jobseekers will have an easier time skimming the senior sales executive job description. They’ll also more quickly absorb the information, which could result in a higher volume of applications from qualified candidates.
Additionally, the synopsis of the sales executive’s role will be applicants’ first glance of the daily obligations you will expect them to perform. When you’re drafting the bulleted list of responsibilities, it’s crucial that you write it concisely and clearly to avoid any misunderstanding. Include details but not so many that the list becomes comprehensive. Omit any tasks that candidates would be performing irregularly and focus only on the core, day-to-day duties.
Following are some senior sales executive job responsibilities to consider:
Senior Sales Executive Job Specifications
The job qualifications and skills section of your senior sales executive job description is one of the most important sections of the document. It’s the shortest portion, which makes it easy to underestimate, but it contains an indispensable list of minimum requirements. This section informs jobseekers of the hard and soft skills, prior education, and other knowledge they need to satisfy the expectations for senior sales staff. It must be as succinct and clearly written as the rest.
The reason it’s so important is that the list of requirements is what keeps underqualified candidates from sending resumes to your inbox. A confused jobseeker is likely to submit a resume and hope for the best rather than not apply at all, so you may find your inbox filling up with inquiries from those hopeful applicants who are not necessarily the best fit for your company.
One of the best ways to clearly convey your expectations and avoid an overflowing inbox is to consult with your senior leadership when drafting the presentation of qualifications for your posting. This dialogue will greatly assist you as you write this section of your senior sales executive job description. It will also help jobseekers better understand whether they meet your minimum requirements.
Here are a few examples of senior sales executive job specifications we’ve provided:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in professional or technical sales
- At least 5 years’ experience in sales
- Strong background and understanding in customer service principles
- Excellent persuasive and interpersonal communication skills