Hiring the right individuals makes all the difference. The successful operation of a business requires talented, dedicated, and capable employees. The key to recruiting young talent is a strong job description. The worst thing that can happen when hiring is receiving no applications. Learn what strategies you can apply to ensure you receive a huge response to your senior security architect job. This position is especially important in today’s world of business because it is responsible for protecting information in every area of the company. The following senior security architect job description sample will show you what a strong job posting might look like so you can improve your own job description.
Senior Security Architect Job Summary
Seeking experienced senior security architect to secure enterprise information. Will be responsible for planning, developing, and establishing security system and strategies. Must have experience in a leadership position.
Senior Security Architect Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Lead information technology security department, delegate work load, schedule and manage labor.
- Identify security issues and provide solutions.
- Recruit, train, mentor, and lead information security team, guarantee high level of understanding among entire team.
- Evaluate existing business security strategies and implement improvements.
- Specify intrusion detection methods and equipment, establish practices.
- Verify security system and thoroughly test it.
- Create system report for presentation with board members and department heads.
- Maintain current level of expertise to remain relevant with changing field expectations.
- Organize and schedule team, distribute labor force.
- Plan and lead new information technology projects.
Senior Security Architect Skills and Qualifications
- Three to five years experience in security or relevant information technology field
- Bachelor degree or higher in computer science
- Leadership or management experience required
- Must have excellent communication, organizational, and problem solving skills
For more than a decade, American Manufacturing has been leading the production industry. In addition to taking our impact on the surrounding community and environment seriously, we value our employees and help establish their careers in manufacturing or general business. As a major force in our field, there is no better establishment to associate with if interested in manufacturing.
Writing a Job Description: Do’s and Don’ts
- This senior security architect job description sample will help you start writing your own job posting, but you still need to review and analyze it to find ways to improve it. Your needs and goals are unique to your company, but there are still some universal rules that can help guide you. Take a look at the following list of general do’s and don’ts.
- Do spend time consulting with someone already in the position or a similar job before you begin. Learn what tasks they face each day, how much time is spent on each task, and what skills and qualities are necessary for success. Integrate this information in the job description.
- Do include a call to action. This short section will help encourage readers to apply. At the end of your job posting, include a paragraph that details the submission guidelines. Including a call to action significantly increases the effectiveness of your post.
- Do write an active job description. Begin each bullet point in the responsibilities section with a strong action verb. This will allow the reader to envision themselves in the role and will attract more candidates.
- Do detail the strong points about the company. No one wants to work for a company that they do not know anything about. In addition to making the position more appealing, you can use this section to attract the specific kind of individual that you are looking for, such as a team player or leader.
- Don’t break company policy regarding posting the salary information. It is acceptable to either include or not include it, so you should simply follow the established policy.
- Don’t include any piece of information without thinking about its purpose. You should be 100% intentional with every single word that you include. Remember that it is okay to save some information for the interview, but vague or unclear points simply deter readers.
Remember that recruiting is an investment. If you take the time to ensure your strategy is sound, you can receive a huge return on the time and money it takes to hire a talented and capable employee. Make sure you treat this process seriously.
Senior Security Architect Job Responsibilities
The responsibilities section of your senior security architect job description will be the first thing that catches jobseekers’ eye. For that reason, it needs to be sharp, concise and easy to read. It is critical that this section contains an accurate description of what job candidates’ day-to-day duties would be. If this section is written well enough, the number of unqualified applicants should significantly diminish, which your inbox will appreciate.
It’s best to use a bulleted format in this section of the senior security architect job description, because that’s easy to skim and quickly imparts information. It’s good to have a lot of content in the senior security architect job responsibilities section, but the list need not be comprehensive. Focus mainly on the core duties and daily functions of the position rather than others that may not be as prominent. Also make sure to start each bullet with a strong and specific verb.
Here are a few examples of well-written senior security architect responsibilities:
- Determine security requirements by evaluating business strategies, researching cyber security standards, conducting risk assessments and identifying integration issues
- Enhance security team performance by answering technical questions for less experienced team members, mentoring and conducting regular trainings
- Verify strength of security systems by regularly conducting test scripts
- Prepare regular system security reports by collecting, analyzing and communicating data
Senior Security Architect Job Specifications
Don’t make the mistake of thinking the job qualifications and skills section is simple to write. It is basic in its content, and it is generally the shortest section of the senior security architect job description, as it only includes the minimum requirements for the position, such as education and previous work experience. That being said, it’s important for this section to be as well written as the rest of the description, otherwise you will have candidates applying without being aware they are underqualified.
To avoid an email inbox clogged with unqualified resumes and applications, it’s wise to sit down with your upper management and get a solid understanding of the minimum requirements your company looks for in a senior security architect. This will not only give you a clear picture of what this section needs, but those who read your senior security architect job description as well.
Here are some great examples of senior security architect job specifications:
- Fundamental understanding of network security, protocols and hardware configuration
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in cyber security, 2 years in security architecture
- Exceptional leadership and supervision skills, including decision-making and dissemination of information
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills