The responsibilities of a senior software developer can vary widely depending on the company. Many developers write programs from scratch, working individually or with a team to create programs that solve specific problems or meet particular goals. Developers may also spend the bulk of their time maintaining and updating programs already in use.
Top software developers use their creativity as well as their technical expertise to create new and innovative programs. Be sure to mention these qualities in the skills section of your senior software developer job description.
In the job requirements section, it’s a good idea to give specifics about what the job will entail and the day-to-day activities of the position, since the major duties can vary from program maintenance to the creation of completely new programs. Read over the senior software developer job description below for further tips on what to include in your job posting.
Senior Software Developer Job Summary
As a senior software developer with our company, you’ll work closely with a small team of software developers to build, customize and integrate new e-commerce software applications for our company and subsidiaries. You’ll be at the forefront of innovation in online marketplaces, making the shopping experience easier and more pleasurable for our customers and improving our sales numbers in the process. The job will also include updating existing systems and integrating improvements to work on the user interfaces already in operation. As a senior developer, you’ll gain valuable management experience delegating responsibilities to the rest of your team and reviewing the work of junior developers. If you’re a creative problem-solver with the technological skills to make your vision a reality, apply today.
- Work with team members to design innovative software programs that improve and simplify the online shopping experience for customers across various products and brands.
- Ensure all new software functions smoothly across various programs and platforms, including Microsoft and Apple products and mobile systems
- Meet with managers and representatives of company subsidiaries to discuss e-commerce software issues and brainstorm methods of solving existing problems
- Write original code and update existing code, ensuring that all code meets program requirements
- Perform intensive testing of all new and existing programs to ensure they are free of errors and function as intended
- Update and debug existing e-commerce programs to ensure a smooth user experience and a uniform look across a variety of platforms
- Optimize new and existing programs for mobile use, including Apple, Android and Windows smartphones and tablets
- Keep up to date on the newest technological innovations in the field and be ready to apply relevant innovations to our software systems
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field
- Strong portfolio demonstrating your programming and design skills
- Three or more years of industry experience
- Expert knowledge of C++ and at least one other programming language
- Experience optimizing programs for mobile systems
Attracting the best candidates in the field starts with a strong senior software developer job description, but it doesn’t matter how appealing your job positing is if jobseekers don’t see it. Posting your job in local media outlets and on your own company website helps find candidates in your area, but to attract a larger pool of applicants, you need to share your job on the major online job boards.
There are tons of job sites out there, and posting to each one is a time-consuming hassle, but it doesn’t have to be that way. Let MightyRecruiter bring job seekers to you with free job postings to hundreds of online job boards.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter