Are you on the hunt for an outstanding Senior Web Applications Developer? Before you job right into the resume pool and job databases, you’ll need a great job description that is informative and engaging. How do you accomplish this mission? Below you’ll find an effective Senior Web Applications Developer job description sample to help you get started drafting and editing.
Senior Web Applications Developer Job Summary
As a Senior Web Applications Developer, you will be responsible of a small web development team composed of graphic designers and programmers. You will coordinate the teams schedule to keep current and incoming projects on task. You will lead the development, implementing, testing and maintenance of client websites and related applications.
Senior Web Applications Developer Responsibilities and Duties
- Define project objects and develop plan for design and building schedules.
- Determine appropriate methods and tools for each project.
- Identify system issues and suggest effective solutions for your team.
- Collaborate with other Senior Developers and their teams on large, rush or priority orders.
- Create multimedia solutions for client’s needs and old site problems.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Coding or Web Design
- 7+ years of experience
- Fully developed programming skills
- Experience building user interfaces and databases
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
At Global Websites Interactive, we specialize in crafting beautifully designed, flawless websites capable of managing a global consumer base. Because of the very nature of our specialty, we work with some of the most well-known international business conglomerates from the financial to the sales industry. With large clients like these, the common issue isn’t driving website traffic or sales. Instead, they need a user-friendly interface that can handle sheer volume without stress. At GWI, we go beyond the scope of most website development companies because we meet a very present, yet extremely niche demand.
Since we work with a demanding clientele, we look for potential team members who can match our winner-take-all attitude. Meticulous perfection and precision are core company values, because as every web developer knows, every character of code matters for the smooth operation of a complicated application. When you’re in the break room with your development team for lunch or the latest company contest, you’ll have a chance to share your most nerdy gifs and viral videos. When you’re at your workstation, you’re locked into your mission to propel your project past the most intense scrutiny with ease. If you like your challenges as epic as your Reddit feed, submit your application below.
Best Practices for Writing a Job Description
- As you modify and adjust the sample to meet your needs, you’ll need to keep track of a few road markers to ensure you’re on the right path to an effective job description. Here’s a list of best practices to help you in the drafting process.
- Try to inspire an emotional response. If you can create an emotional response in your reader like sympathy for a cause or excitement for an opportunity, you have a better chance of reaching a range of professionals.
- Make it short. When you pass 700 words, you’ve gone too far. Let your first drafts be as long as you like, but be willing to cut extra details during editing. A short, informative post will give a great overview without loosing the reader’s attention.
- Use ‘you.’ Instead of saying “candidates” or “new hires,” address the reader directly. This will help you naturally engage and invite the reader to imagine being in the position.
- Think like a job seeker. What kind of information would evoke an emotional response? What job title would you click on? Think like your ideal hires and appeal to that pool of professionals.
- Use detail. Don’t be vague when it comes to job duties or your expectations. When everyone is on the same page going in, you’re more likely to find a candidate that will work well in both the long and short run.
- Edit and proofread. Typos can kill the momentum of resumes, cover letters, landing pages and job descriptions across the globe. To avoid those pesky missed commas and spellcheck fails, have a colleague review your description to catch anything you might miss.
Senior Web Applications Developer Job Responsibilities
In any hiring process, crafting an accurate job responsibilities section is critical. Any candidate reading your senior web applications developer job description should be able to quickly recognize whether they’d be a good fit for the position. This will also enable diligent jobseekers to emphasize relevant experiences and skills when writing their applications, which will help you efficiently sort through applications and identify the most qualified candidates.
You’ll want to specify programming languages the candidate will use in the position, as well as the type of teamwork the job requires. Some excellent senior web applications developer candidates with technical expertise may not be a good fit for your specific senior web applications developer job description. For example, will you need the new hire to take on responsibilities as a team lead? Will the web software under development be for internal use, or will the candidate need to communicate with customers?
The following are some common senior web applications developer job responsibilities you may find useful:
- Create high-quality code to meet tight deadlines
- Design thorough testing protocols to ensure excellent final products
- Assist less-experienced team members with complex problems
- Keep apprised of current best practices, including security and encryption protocols
- Design lean, effective and easy-to-use web pages to customer requirements
- Liaise directly with customers regarding their web application and design needs, responding promptly and professionally to all customer communications
Senior Web Applications Developer Job Specifications
If you’re putting together a senior web applications developer job description, it might seem easy to write a list of specifications. But a poorly written list may discourage excellent candidates and attract less-qualified ones.
First, make sure you have a great picture of the ideal candidate. It can help to discuss the position with upper management and current employees. Then you’ll want to separate the list of skills into the non-negotiable qualifications and the ones that you merely prefer. For example, you may want candidates with over six years of experience, but if the more experienced candidates don’t have the required leadership skills or familiarity with the most common coding language used by your company, a less-experienced candidate might be a better hire.
Some examples of senior web applications developer job specifications are listed below. Make sure to customize the specifications when writing your own senior web applications developer job description.
- 5-7 years’ experience in web applications development
- Expertise in HTML, Flash and Java
- Experience debugging web applications for all standard browsers, including Chrome, Internet Explorer, Safari and Firefox
- Writing skills for putting together training materials for new applications and functions
- Demonstrated history of leading a team, including dividing work and assigning it according to individuals’ skills and integrating completed assignments into software
- Experience creating applications that can run seamlessly on desktop as well as mobile systems