Septic tank servicers are primarily responsible for repairing and cleaning septic tanks and sewer lines. This can involve repairing any leaks that have developed or patching a wall within the tank. These professionals will also need to install a new tank when the need arises.
Knowledge of building and construction principles will be advantageous because servicers need to work safely around someone else’s property. Your septic tank servicer job description needs to state the significance of having mechanical knowledge because a variety of tools, both hand and power tools, will need to be used on job sites.
Knowledge of sales tactics will also come in handy because these experts will need to sell customers services they may not realize they need. Convey each of these details similar to how the septic tank servicer job description template does it.
Septic Tank Servicer Job Summary
Are you looking for a full-time job that will let you work with your hands? Under the supervision of the head contractor, you will be sent out to various work sites during any given day to assist clients in maintaining a fully working septic tank. Training can be provided, so as long as you have a willingness to learn new skills, this can be a viable career path for you. You will have numerous opportunities to hone your skills, and there are plenty of possibilities for upward momentum in this position. Apply today if you are ready to put your mechanical knowledge to the test.
- Operate numerous pieces of equipment, including wayne balls, sewer flushers, vac-alls, water jets and power rodders, to clean septic tanks
- Drive to a client’s property to inspect septic tank and sewer system and recommend the best course of action
- Communicate with the supervisor while out on sites to relay information about what tools are going to be needed and whether other crew members need to be brought on
- Clean clients’ septic tanks regularly, which usually involves pumping them free of the materials inside
- Remove septic tanks when they are too far damaged to be repaired by breaking asphalt and operating the proper machinery to safely remove it
- Cut damaged portions of a sewer line out of the main tank and replace that individual section
- Ensure the new or repaired septic tank is working optimally before leaving the work site entirely
- Speak with clients about proper maintenance they can undergo on their own concerning the septic tank
Job Skills & Qualifications
- One year of experience working in general construction
- Valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of the tools needed on the job
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations
- Ability to perform intensive manual labor
- High school diploma or GED
- Water distributor operator certificate
Once you are satisfied with the quality of your septic tank servicer job description, you are ready to send it out into the world. Hopefully, most of the applications you receive will be from candidates who meet all your criteria so you do not have to sift through dozens of unqualified applicants. The best way to ensure you find at least a few people who could work for you is to post to as many places as you can.
Your company’s website and social media pages are good places to start. Posting to those sites should be your first priority. However, once you are done with that, you want to move onto dedicated job boards where jobseekers can easily search for specific positions. MightyRecruiter can help a great deal with this because we let you post to free job boards effortlessly.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter