Skincare specialists use a variety of methods to beautify and cleanse the body and face to enhance the skin’s appearance. They have many tasks and responsibilities, including analyzing the conditions of their clients’ skin, recommending products they should use, providing facial and full-body treatment services and performing hair removal.
On your skincare specialist job description, there are some specific qualities you should highlight that you want your candidates to have. It is important for these professionals to have exceptional customer service skills because they regularly work with people. They need to be friendly so they bring back repeat customers.
Additionally, skincare specialists need to be able to manage their time well and have the physical stamina to stand for good portions of the day while they perform their services. Use the skincare specialist job description template that follows as you begin writing to see how to incorporate the key points.
Skincare Specialist Job Summary
Do you enjoy teaching people about healthy skincare habits? Do you have a passion for providing outstanding customer service? If so, you will be an excellent fit with our company as a skincare specialist. Our team of knowledgeable and skilled specialists is dedicated to making people happy with their skin. In this position, you will get to work in a positive atmosphere where you will engage directly with clients to figure out their needs and determine the solutions that will best work for them. We value each of our employees and ensure the work environment is enthusiastic and supportive so they may pass the positivity on to our clients. This is a great position for those who want to grow with a company and put their skills to use.
- Examine clients’ skin carefully using the appropriate tools to determine skin appearance and condition so the right treatments may be provided
- Sterilize equipment and ensure work areas are clean and sanitary
- Use face masks and peels and other specialized products and techniques to treat clients’ facial skin to improve texture and appearance
- Determine which colors or products will effectively suit clients and improve their specific quality of skin
- Perform simple blackhead extraction as needed to help clients achieve healthy, clean and acne-free skin
- Demonstrate proper techniques for cleaning and caring for skin and recommend skincare regimens based on client needs
- Analyze skin issues and determine whether you are able to treat the problem or if the client needs to be referred to a medical specialist for further analysis
- Stay up to date on the latest industry trends, treatments, products and research so you can effectively and safely advise and treat clients
Job Skills and Qualifications
- Cosmetology or esthetician program completion
- Excellent customer service skills
- State license
- Previous experience working as an esthetician
- Experience with waxing and microdermabrasion
- Other beauty or health related certifications
Knowing how to write a good skincare specialist job description and what to include is the first step in the hiring process. Once you have completed your description, you must then determine where you will post it for maximum views by potential candidates. Your social networks are just one place you can go to place your description. You may additionally post information on your company website and take recommendations from your current employees on possible candidates.
One of the most popular and effective ways to find candidates is to go online and post your description to job boards. As you may know, the hiring process can be time consuming and you may not have the time to do that much posting. Fortunately, MightyRecruiter can help you by allowing you to post jobs for free to hundreds of online job boards at the same time.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter