Social and community service managers supervise and organize community organizations and social service programs. They manage staff who provide social services and work with community members to recognize needed programs and services. Their duties include data analysis of programs and budget management for organizations and programs.
In the skills section of the social and community service manager job description, note that the ideal candidate should have a degree in social work, urban studies, public health, business or public administration or a related field. Relevant work experience is essential for entering this occupation.
Social and community service managers should have strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills because they will be dealing with people and data. Management and problem-solving skills are important because managers need to handle multiple issues. Look at the social and community service manager job description below for a better understanding of what to include in your own version.
Social and Community Service Manager Job Summary
Are you passionate about serving your community and providing services to strengthen it? Are you a leader who can motivate your staff, develop strong relationships with other community leaders and has proven management skills? Consider joining our team as a social and community service manager, where you can impact lives and make a difference. Work to ensure the effectiveness of the organization’s programs and the quality of service provided. Conduct outreach to promote awareness of our programs and services and implement improvements that will better serve the community. This rewarding and challenging leadership position provides an opportunity to affect positive change and deliver needed services.
- Provide service and support to clients, including resolving complaints, conducting needs evaluations and handling referrals for child advocacy issues
- Recruit, interview and hire staff, provide training programs and consult on program-related federal, state and county policies and regulations, evaluating their work to ensure programs are running effectively, resources are used properly and the program quality is appropriate
- Develop and maintain relationships with community members from other agencies and organizations to collaborate on community service needs, ensure that services are not doubled and communicate agency purposes, policies and programs
- Plan and administer budgets for programs, support services and equipment
- Establish and oversee administrative procedures set by board of directors or senior management
- Research and analyze community needs to determine future program goals and direction
- Determine organizational policies on issues including program requirements, program benefits and participant eligibility
- Prepare and maintain reports and records, including budgets, personnel records and training manuals
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, public health, urban studies, public or business administration or a related field
- 5 years of previous work experience in social work or a similar occupation
- Strong critical thinking skills to analyze solutions to problems
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in conflict resolution
- Master’s degree
It is important to write the type of social and community service manager job description that draws the right candidate. Your posting needs to be highly visible across various communication platforms.
In addition to the many available online job boards, you’ll want to post your job listing on your organization’s website, social networks and through internal channels, such as the intranet or employee referrals, to reach potential applicants. While job boards are excellent recruitment tools, posting to them individually takes time. Post jobs for free with MightyRecruiter so you can post your job to hundreds of job boards at once.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter