Solutions architects are found in solution development teams where they translate requirements from functional analysts into the architecture and design for a solution. They also often lead development teams. Much of their responsibilities lie in balancing a project’s architecture with enterprise business concerns.
When mentioning skills in your solutions architect job description, note that the applicant should have a bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, information systems or a related field. Experience in network security and database design is also helpful.
Solutions architects should have strong analytical skills and be detail-oriented as well as highly organized. They should also have strong interpersonal skills to work with different types of employees as well as leadership skills to direct teams of developers and engineers. Good judgment and decision-making skills are crucial in this role. Read the solutions architect job description below for insight of what should be included in your job posting.
Solutions Architect Job Summary
Do you like to solve complex software problems and organize development efforts? Are you a leader with a successful track record who can create consensus? We have an excellent opportunity for a solutions architect, one where you will lead our highly skilled developers and managers while creating software solutions and helping our employees understand integration approaches. Use your critical thinking and problem-solving skills to make our product lines better and shape our business strategy. Help our progressive and innovative company grow to become the best of class in the industry. We’ll further develop your skills and your career while rewarding you with competitive pay and benefits.
- Analyze and define objectives, scope, issues and organizational impact of systems, operations or activities while developing architectures for improvement
- Implement architecture to increase productivity, lower costs, streamline daily business activities and provide secure and stable IT support environment
- Communicate with staff or clients to understand project requirements, understand and address concerns of business line stakeholders, advising them on project costs, design concepts and changes
- Organize development teams while motivating, guiding and leading developers and managers toward project completion and providing technical guidance or support
- Collaborate with developers and engineers to select design solutions and ensure compatibility of applicable components
- Research and evaluate current or emerging technologies and critical approaches to architecture, then consider their costs, compatibility, portability, scalability or usability, as appropriate
- Verify and test the interoperability and security of solutions, monitoring the solution to detect potential problems and perform maintenance operations for any related software or hardware
- Document installation instructions, design specifications and other related information
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, engineering or related field
- Experience leading teams of developers and engineers
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Organizational skills and ability to solve complex problems
- Proficiency in performing system analysis and evaluation
- Project management background
- Ability to strategize
Once you’ve written the solutions architect job description, you need to make sure the right people can find it. It needs to be inviting and posted across digital and print channels in places where job seekers are most likely to find it. Spread the word far and wide to reach the largest target audience possible.
Post to your organization’s website, social media accounts, intranet and employee referral programs as well as on the many available online job boards. It is often time-consuming to post to individual job boards, so make things easier and faster by using MightyRecruiter to post jobs for free and boost your chances of finding the perfect candidate.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter