When hiring a new system security technician, a professional job description is the first step towards attracting top talent that will contribute positively to your company. The way you word titles and phrases as well as the company information you include will affect the type of jobseekers you will have applying for the position. A thorough yet concise posting can eliminate hours spent weeding through unqualified applicants at the same time as catching the eye of talented prospects. Here is a system security technician job description sample to give you an idea of what to include in your own posting.
System Security Technician Job Summary
As a system security technician, you’ll be responsible for maintaining the integrity of the company’s virtual assets. You will use your skills to create summaries of trends that will help administrators determine needed changes and improvements.
System Security Technician Job Responsibilities
- Issues IDs and monitors access; assists clients with password creation and usage
- Verifies ID status with owner identity
- Receives and processes computer documents and agreements to maintain security files
- Collects data to analyze; provides summarizations of trends
- Completes other missions relating to information systems
- Takes advantage of education opportunities to keep job knowledge updated
System Security Technician Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required
- At least one year of experience
- Ability to work on call as needs arise
- Experience with firewall administration and network security
- Knowledge of research techniques and information security policies
- Advanced statistical analysis skills
- Accurate attention to detail and thorough organization skills
- Ability to work independently and resolve issues
- Familiarity with hubs, routers and switches
- Friendly communication skills
Investibles, Inc., has been assisting clients with stock market investments and trading since the beginning of 2001. As access has increased and home internet usage improved, our services have adapted to provide support for investors from any location. Our longevity through national market crashes has proven our ability to withstand adversity and improve current practices. Our mission is to increase the earning power of each client and improve their understanding through educational materials and coached exchanges. Our employees know the importance of maintaining a high level of integrity while assisting each client in reaching their individual goals. By joining our company, you’ll not only enjoy the satisfaction of knowing you’ve assisted clients in their quest for financial independence, but also contributed to the advancement of national and local economies.
What to Include in Your System Security Technician Job Description
One of the most difficult tasks when creating your job posting is knowing what to include and what to leave out. Some aspects of the job may be better left for the interview, while others might play an important role in attracting the right kind of talent. In the current online climate, it’s also important to think about aspects such as keyword placement to attract viewers. Making these decisions before you begin writing can save you a lot of time and hassle during the editing phase of your creation.
• Job Summary – Most applicants will want to know what their title would be and what position they would hold within your company. The wording you choose in this section will play an important role in finding applicants, so it’s important to follow SEO best practices within the posting. Take the time to create an appropriate title with a concise summary of the job’s main purpose.
• Responsibilities – The next thing that potential applicants will want to know is what responsibilities would be theirs if they were hired for the job. This is the time to be completely forthwith and transparent since you want to be sure that jobseekers are okay with their potential responsibilities. It’s a good idea to come up with around 5-10 responsibilities to give them a good idea of what a day in the job will be like. Applicants will likely scan the posting for these points to quickly see if they are interested in the job.
• Requirements – After you’ve given a detailed description of what typical responsibilities of the position will be, it’s time to include the requirements necessary for hire. Include items such as the number of years of experience and education needed, certain skills that are necessary to complete the responsibilities and any knowledge of programs or other sets of information that will be used in the position. This is one of the key sections to discourage unqualified applicants from wasting their time as well and yours in submitting an application.
• Company Profile – One way to attract all-star employees is by highlighting the benefits of working for your company. This is also a great way to make sure whoever you hire understands the company atmosphere and goals and will work well with fellow employees. Specific benefits, such as health insurance, retirement plans and tuition repayment, should be mentioned in this section as incentives to attract more applicants.
• Call to Action – Once you’ve gone to all the work of creating an eye-catching, informative job posting, the last thing you’d want to do is miss out on potential hires because you failed to clearly outline how to apply for the job. Be sure to include a link or email address where the applicant can send in a resume.
Having a thorough system security technician job description gives you a better shot at attracting employees who will be capable of protecting your computer assets while contributing to the atmosphere you’ve created for your company.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter
Writing Your System Security Technician Job Description: Do’s and Don’ts
When you create anything, one of the most important steps is editing. This applies to creating a job posting just as much as it would to anything else, but there are a few things to keep in mind as you check your listing
• Don’t forget to optimize your posting for better SEO results
• Do emphasize how your company is different from competitors
• Do some research about the terms that job seekers use
• Don’t neglect to state the position’s location and salary
• Do make sure the job title you choose relates to your desired candidate’s interests
• Do keep your submission guidelines clear and provide adequate contact information
When you prepare a system security technician job description, be sure to include all relevant information in the posting and instructions on how to apply for the job. Following these guidelines will ensure that you receive applications from talented jobseekers who will help your company grow and provide protection for your computer assets.
Best Practices of Writing a Job Description
- The above system security technician job description sample can guide you through your initial posting outline, but there are several points you’ll need to remember as you input your individual company’s information and create a customized form.
- Do include details in the job title that encourage top applicants to apply. Words such as assistant, lead and senior will offer more understanding concerning what level the position is and how experienced the jobseeker needs to be in order to apply. You can further expound on this in the job description, but key terms such as these will specify expertise levels at a glance.
- Don’t leave out any essential functions that will be required in the position. Interviewing an applicant who doesn’t want to complete all responsibilities is a waste of time and can cause you to exclude more willing employees.
- Don’t neglect a detailed company overview. While you want to be as concise as possible in your posting, you also need to give enough information to encourage the right candidates to apply.
- Do decide beforehand which skills are mandatory and which are preferred. Any necessary licenses ad certificates should be mentioned at the beginning of the qualifications section.
- Don’t leave out important details. Location, travel requirements, benefits and salary levels should be listed unless you are willing to negotiate them later.
- Do include bullet points when possible. Many jobseekers will simply skim the post to determine eligibility, so making everything clear and easy to read will quickly discourage unqualified applicants.
This system security technician job description sample can provide a perfect outline of what needs to be included in your own posting in order to attract all-star talent and prevent unqualified applicants from applying. Spending time to create a clear, informative job posting now is an investment that could to a great hire and years of contribution to your company in the future.