When hiring a new system security technician, a professional job description is the first step towards attracting top talent that will contribute positively to your company. The way you word titles and phrases as well as the company information you include will affect the type of jobseekers you will have applying for the position. A thorough yet concise posting can eliminate hours spent weeding through unqualified applicants at the same time as catching the eye of talented prospects. Here is a system security technician job description sample to give you an idea of what to include in your own posting.
System Security Technician Job Summary
As a system security technician, you’ll be responsible for maintaining the integrity of the company’s virtual assets. You will use your skills to create summaries of trends that will help administrators determine needed changes and improvements.
System Security Technician Job Responsibilities
- Issues IDs and monitors access; assists clients with password creation and usage
- Verifies ID status with owner identity
- Receives and processes computer documents and agreements to maintain security files
- Collects data to analyze; provides summarizations of trends
- Completes other missions relating to information systems
- Takes advantage of education opportunities to keep job knowledge updated
System Security Technician Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required
- At least one year of experience
- Ability to work on call as needs arise
- Experience with firewall administration and network security
- Knowledge of research techniques and information security policies
- Advanced statistical analysis skills
- Accurate attention to detail and thorough organization skills
- Ability to work independently and resolve issues
- Familiarity with hubs, routers and switches
- Friendly communication skills
Investibles, Inc., has been assisting clients with stock market investments and trading since the beginning of 2001. As access has increased and home internet usage improved, our services have adapted to provide support for investors from any location. Our longevity through national market crashes has proven our ability to withstand adversity and improve current practices. Our mission is to increase the earning power of each client and improve their understanding through educational materials and coached exchanges. Our employees know the importance of maintaining a high level of integrity while assisting each client in reaching their individual goals. By joining our company, you’ll not only enjoy the satisfaction of knowing you’ve assisted clients in their quest for financial independence, but also contributed to the advancement of national and local economies.
Best Practices of Writing a Job Description
- The above system security technician job description sample can guide you through your initial posting outline, but there are several points you’ll need to remember as you input your individual company’s information and create a customized form.
- Do include details in the job title that encourage top applicants to apply. Words such as assistant, lead and senior will offer more understanding concerning what level the position is and how experienced the jobseeker needs to be in order to apply. You can further expound on this in the job description, but key terms such as these will specify expertise levels at a glance.
- Don’t leave out any essential functions that will be required in the position. Interviewing an applicant who doesn’t want to complete all responsibilities is a waste of time and can cause you to exclude more willing employees.
- Don’t neglect a detailed company overview. While you want to be as concise as possible in your posting, you also need to give enough information to encourage the right candidates to apply.
- Do decide beforehand which skills are mandatory and which are preferred. Any necessary licenses ad certificates should be mentioned at the beginning of the qualifications section.
- Don’t leave out important details. Location, travel requirements, benefits and salary levels should be listed unless you are willing to negotiate them later.
- Do include bullet points when possible. Many jobseekers will simply skim the post to determine eligibility, so making everything clear and easy to read will quickly discourage unqualified applicants.
This system security technician job description sample can provide a perfect outline of what needs to be included in your own posting in order to attract all-star talent and prevent unqualified applicants from applying. Spending time to create a clear, informative job posting now is an investment that could to a great hire and years of contribution to your company in the future.
System Security Technician Job Responsibilities
The job responsibilities section of your system security technician job description will be what draws the attention of jobseekers. In addition, it is their first impression of the daily duties of the position. For these reasons, it’s crucial to write this section in clear and concise language to avoid any misunderstanding. This can allow you to spend less time weeding through unqualified resumes as well.
Be sure to utilize a bulleted format for this section to help streamline the large amount of information contained therein. Bullets make it easier for jobseekers to skim your system security technician job description and thereby absorb its details more quickly. Also, be sure to begin each bullet with a strong verb to help candidates imagine themselves performing the functions of the job. When deciding which tasks to focus on, it’s best to leave out anything the employee would not perform daily. Include the primary responsibilities of the position and nothing else.
We have provided a few examples of well-written system security technician job responsibilities that should help during your writing process:
- Provide security reports to management by collecting and analyzing data and trends
- Attend seminars and conferences regularly to update field knowledge and expertise
- Document access by logging and recording all requests
- Maintain network security by regularly monitoring all access points and providing vulnerability reports to management
System Security Technician Job Specifications
As opposed to the job responsibilities section, the job qualifications and skills section of your system security technician job description can be easy to dismiss out of hand. It may appears straightforward to write, especially as it’s nothing more than a standard of requirements for applicants such as previous education and relevant work experience.
Don’t underestimate this section, though. It’s important to write it well because it’s what stands between your email inbox and a flood of applications from unfit job candidates. The best way to prevent this unfortunate misunderstanding is to consult with your senior leadership concerning their expectations for applicants. Gain an awareness of what they want to see on a resume and you will have a much easier time writing the qualifications section of your system security technician job description. Consequently, jobseekers will have an easier time assessing whether they qualify for the position. Make sure to separate the deal-breakers from the preferred skills on your document to add further clarity.
Here are some system security technician job specifications for your reference:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, preferably in computer science
- Strong background in network security, computer systems and the information security landscape
- Superb organizational and clerical skills