Teachers instruct students in particular subjects to prepare the students for their future endeavors. They create curriculum and lesson plans that educate and impart important life skills that can be used in higher education and the job market.
There are many important skills that you will want to include in your teacher job description, but one of the most essential is a candidate’s knowledge of the subject matter. It is also important that they have strong instructional skills.
Teachers collaborate with their colleagues and interact with students and their parents or guardians. Therefore, they need to be effective communicators and have strong interpersonal skills. Read the teacher job description template below to discover additional ideas for what to include in your own job posting.
Teacher Job Summary
Are you passionate about imparting knowledge to the next generation? If so, then you might be a good fit as a teacher in our school. We value creativity and individuality and encourage our teachers to develop their own curriculum that best suits their subject matter and students. We believe in individualized learning and doing more than just teaching to pass standardized tests. As a member of our teaching staff, you will have the chance to perform collaborative work and attend the latest conferences to ensure that you remain up to date on all the latest teaching and lesson plan building techniques. Join our team and become a valued member of our staff with the opportunity to make a real difference in your students’ educational goals.
- Develop daily, weekly and monthly lesson plans in a particular subject using creative and innovative instruction techniques that enhance student engagement
- Alter curriculum as needed to cater to the strengths and weaknesses of students, and be ready to adapt it to any changes to the class size and makeup
- Collaborate with fellow teachers to maintain high standards of education and ensure similar educational experiences exist throughout the department
- Communicate with parents or guardians as needed to address any concerns about a student’s progress or provide positive updates when appropriate
- Prepare students to successfully take any standardized tests without focusing the entire curriculum on practicing for the tests
- Create an atmosphere of inclusion and safety where students feel comfortable learning and asking questions that also maintains discipline in the classroom
- Attend weekly department meetings and monthly administration meetings to maintain open communication with the rest of the staff
- Report any problems with students to the department chair and/or administrative staff, and create a solution that improves the student’s educational experience
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- Current teaching certification for the state
- Minimum one year teaching experience
- Experience with Blackboard or similar online education platforms
- Master’s degree
- First aid and CPR certification
- Ability to teach more than one subject
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
Developing a dynamite teacher job description that attracts the finest instructors is simply the first step in finding the ideal candidates for your position. The next step is to post it in the best locations so that the right people see it.
There are plenty of options for posting your description. Do not forget that your school district’s website is a valuable resource for posting jobs. Additionally, professional teacher networks and social media sites provide beneficial spots for pushing out your description. You also want to be sure to post it on online job boards to attract a wider pool of applicants. One place to post jobs for free that provides you access to hundreds of boards at once is MightyRecruiter.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter