Team assemblers may be tasked with building an entire product or a small component of a product. They have to operate machines to build parts and perform quality inspections. They must collaborate with designers and engineers in order to understand the product specifications.
As you search for an employee, your team assembler job description needs to include details about the skills that are most important for a candidate. Because team assemblers have to work with machinery to build a part, many physical attributes are a must for these workers. For example, dexterity, physical stamina and physical strength all play a role in a person’s ability to manipulate and assemble components.
Team assemblers must also be able to read blueprints, manuals and schematics so they can build parts according to predetermined specifications. Use the following team assembler job description template to get a better idea of what your description should entail.
Team Assembler Job Summary
Are you looking for a fast-paced, hands-on job that offers room for you to grow as a professional? If you are, joining our company as a team assembler may be a good option for you. Team-oriented individuals will get the chance to work side by side to build products, perform quality inspections and meet deadlines. Your work days will never be exactly the same after you become a team assembler with us, because you will rotate through a variety of assembler roles and learn how to make each component of the product. You will get access to high-quality safety training, competitive pay rates and advancement opportunities after you join our team.
- Inspect completed parts to ensure the quality of each piece manufactured and verify that each piece meets specifications
- Study blueprints, parts lists and assembly instructions to understand the specifications of the product you need to assemble
- Fix problems with assembly process by changing settings on machinery being used or turning to a supervisor to get more resources
- Maintain equipment by scheduling regular maintenance, troubleshooting malfunctions, getting timely repairs and following the manufacturer’s instructions in order to ensure a long service life
- Follow all company-wide rules and regulations to ensure your safety and the safety of your coworkers
- Clean work areas before leaving for the day to make it easier for workers coming in after you to start their day off productively
- Keep a daily and weekly record of the work you complete by filling out both production and quality forms
- Restock supply area regularly by doing a quick inventory of the supplies you have and ordering anything that is running low
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Must be 18 years old or older
- Ability to lift 50 pounds regularly
- Have to complete repetitive movements
- Good communication skills
- Must stand for long periods of time
- Good hand-eye coordination
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Familiar with spreadsheets and word processors
Hiring high-quality employees often requires some heavy-lifting on your part. You not only have to create an informative team assembler job description, but you also have to make sure that plenty of people are seeing your want ad. You can increase the number of applicants you get by sharing your description on multiple sources. For example, job seekers often learn about opportunities by looking at online job boards and social media. Having an active presence on both may ensure you find an employee who is right for your company.
Putting your description up on multiple job board sites is an important part of finding a winning applicant, but it’s not always as easy as it sounds. There are hundreds of online job boards out there, and it can be challenging to know which ones to use. Get free job postings on multiple boards simultaneously through MightyRecruiter.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter