Technical recruiters hire people to fill information technology positions in a range of industries. They are tasked with recruiting, screening, interviewing and placing potential workers. In addition, they handle human resources duties, such as employee relations, benefits, compensation and training.
When listing skills in a technical recruiter job description, note that the candidate should have a college education, with a bachelor’s degree preferred. Coursework in an information technology or technical field is more important than the candidate’s specific college major.
Technical recruiters should be detail-oriented and have strong interpersonal, listening and speaking skills. They will also need to be good at making decisions, particularly because they are constantly reviewing candidates’ qualifications or working to resolve disputes between employers and job candidates. Review the technical recruiter job description below for a better understanding of what to include in your job listing.
Technical Recruiter Job Summary
Are you interested in a career in recruiting, staffing or human resources? Do you like to work with people? We are currently hiring for a technical recruiter, where you will use your technical knowledge to hire candidates to join our IT, cloud, security, network and data science teams. Use your negotiation skills to help us staff bright and talented people who are looking to make an impact in our fast-paced environment. Grow our company and your career will grow along with it. When you become a valued member of our team, you’ll be rewarded with advancement opportunities, competitive pay rates and benefits.
- Develop recruiting strategies that meet anticipated staffing needs
- Review job orders and employment applications to match applicants with job requirements
- Search for job candidates using various sources such as databases, internet recruiting resources, networking, job fairs, media advertisements, recruiting firms or employee referrals
- Select job applicants, confirm their qualifications and refer them to hiring managers, making recommendations when appropriate
- Interview job applicants as part of the screening process to get information on their work history, job skills, training and education, and inform them of the position’s duties and responsibilities, compensation, benefits and working conditions
- Analyze employment data related to the position and create reports based on your findings
- Advise management on implementing, organizing and preparing recruiting programs while providing them with training on interviewing, counseling techniques, performance appraisals or documentation of performance issues
- Contact applicants to inform them of their application statuses and conduct background or reference checks on job applicants, particularly those who will be given job offers
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- Negotiation skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Strong social aptitude and ability to build relationships
- Technical knowledge to be able to talk to job prospects and understand qualifications
- Coursework in business, human resources, psychology, information technology or a technical field
- Previous work experience in sales, research, operations, customer service, information technology, administration or other related jobs
It is vital to craft a technical recruiter job description that encourages the best candidates to apply. It needs to be appealing and easily found across digital and print media platforms, since prospective employees will look in different places for jobs. This helps spread the word to as many jobseekers as possible.
Be sure to post the job listing on the many online job boards as well as your organization’s website, social networks, intranet and employee referral programs. It takes time to post to individual job boards, so save yourself the effort by using MightyRecruiter to post to free job boards.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter