Telecommunications equipment installers are frequently referred to as telecom technicians. These professionals are experienced in telephones and internet hardware, being able to set up the systems for these resources and maintain them once they are already established. Telecom technicians may work with a corporation or in the commercial field setting up communication systems for private customers.
The primary attribute you should include in your telecommunications equipment installer job description is mechanical skills. Candidates need to be familiar working with complicated electrical equipment and understand how to safely install it. Because this is so essential to the position, you should emphasize it above anything else.
The amount of communication and customer service skills required depends on whether the technician position is commercial or corporate. Either way, some levels of communication skills are necessary to relay information to others. Use this telecommunications equipment installer job description to start on your own.
Telecommunications Equipment Installer Job Summary
We are looking for a telecommunications equipment installer with excellent technical knowledge and communication skills. You will work with our clients to prepare and install all equipment related to telephone and internet connectivity. You should be familiar working in a construction environment and have experience installing electrical equipment in walls. We prioritize the satisfaction of our clients, so you will be expected to relay information to them and answer their inquiries accurately and quickly. The telecom equipment our technicians work with includes DC plants, routers, rectifiers and convertors and performing card upgrades. You should have extensive working knowledge of this equipment and all other standard telecommunications electronics.
- Perform standard telecommunications equipment installation on a daily basis in multiple construction sites
- Run wires in walls, create structural supports for equipment and assemble equipment housing
- Test equipment as you install, ensuring each step is completed correctly before moving to the next, as well as a final test after completion to guarantee it conforms to specifications
- Analyze test readings, making evaluations, recording gathered information and creating a final report of the operational function of newly installed equipment
- Demonstrate the operation of new equipment to clients, explaining its function and answering all client inquiries clearly and accurately
- Collaborate with other installers, both general construction workers and other telecom technicians, to create a more efficient working environment
- Return to construction sites after a set amount of time to ensure telecommunications equipment continues to function properly
- Answer client inquiries after installation projects are complete, potentially returning to construction sites to troubleshoot client-facing issues, perform repairs and provide guidance
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Two years’ working experience in construction or telecommunications installation
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or telecommunications related field
- Class A driver’s license
Once you have completed your telecommunications equipment installer job description, continue on to the step. Writing the description is only the beginning; you must now advertise the open position to find a large pool of candidates. Typical approaches include posting to social media and the company website. You should also consider posting your job description to online job boards to maximize the number of job seekers who will see it.
By turning to MightRecruiter, you can post your job description to hundreds of job boards at the same time. We offer free posting tools to help you make the most of your hiring process. Get your job opening in front of a massive audience and find the talented telecom technicians you are looking for. MightyRecruiter is here to help you when it is time to hire new recruits.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter