You will be located in a telemarketing call center and conduct sales and marketing over the telephone to meet goals on a monthly basis. The sole purpose of your role as a telemarketer is calling potential customers and informing them of a product, its features and prices and soliciting sales. You may also manage existing clients by equipping them with knowledge on new product services or features over the telephone. As a telemarketer, you will promote a broad range of goods and services either through direct selling or information gathering. You will be provided with a quota to fulfill based on which you will receive rewards. This can be a truly lucrative commissions-based job as more telephone calls mean greater chances of sales and corresponding commissions.
Telemarketer Job Responsibilities and Duties:
• Delivers scripted sales talks to describe services or products to persuade potential customers to make a contribution
• Contacts private individuals and businesses by telephone to solicit sales for services or goods
• Describes services or products along with prices
• Obtains client contact information and enters orders into database
• Adjusts sales scripts to target customer interests and needs better
• Answers telephone calls from potential consumers approached through ads
• Schedules sales appointments for representatives to present opportunities to prospective customers
• Maintains technical expertise by reviewing publications and attending educational seminars
• Conducts market or client surveys to gather data about potential customers
• Responds to consumer questions
• Contributes to teamwork by achieving relevant results
• Other duties as assigned
Telemarketer Skills and Qualifications
- High school diploma
- Understanding of marketing and sales strategies and principles
- Related work experience in promotions, marketing, telemarketing, or sales
- Proficiency in relevant computer applications
- Job-related or vocational training work preferred
- Previous experience, knowledge, or work-related skills preferred
Property and Reno Payments is a unique organization comprised of industry leaders with more than 25 years of combined installment processing experience. With this much expertise, we have a strong understanding of the importance of our telemarketers and how to help ensure their growth in the position. At Property and Reno Payments, we offer telemarketers diverse approaches to continuously supplement their earnings, including the upfront daily commissions. We also provide the chance to up-sell the consumer with a variety of business solutions to expand their industry including loyalty programs, equipment leasing and sales, cash advances, and more.
Writing Your Telemarketer Job Description: Dos and Don’ts
The best candidates will be flooded with multiple career opportunities as more jobs are created and the demand to fill them increases. Writing an accurate and precise job description will attract top talent and prompt them to submit their resumes to your company. Here are a few manageable do’s and don’ts to ensure your position description is correct.
• Do always use the present tense of verbs.
• Do use unbiased terminology. Use an approach in such a way that gender pronouns are unnecessary.
• Don’t be inflexible. Jobs change because of the evolution of new technologies, organizational development, and personal growth.
• Do structure your sentences in traditional verb, object, and explanatory phrases.
• Don’t use adverbs or adjectives that are subject to interpretation, such as occasional, complex, or several.
• Don’t tailor the description to an individual. Make sure to cover the requirements for performing the job successfully.
A streamlined application process for job seekers permits them to find answers efficiently and enhances the likelihood of drawing in top talent. When you post a clearly written position description, the result is a simple means of recruiting and hiring the ideal person for a Telemarketer position.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter
Writing a Job Description Best Practices
While the above is a standout Telemarketer job description sample, you may encounter situations when you are unable to find an example to use. Following are a few practical do’s and don’ts and best practices to ensure that you create an accurate posting for those circumstances and save yourself the trouble later of weeding through piles of less experienced applicants.
• Do state experience, requirements, and and qualifications accurately.
• Do write the job description using a friendly, informal style so your content is more attractive and engaging to potential candidates.
• Don’t imply favoritism for a particular race, gender, or age.
• Do list the major and detailed tasks of the position.
• Don’t overstate the skills essential to success in the role.
• Don’t include anything in the description subject to interpretation of a promise to employment or an offer or promise.
• Do include language indicating your business is compliant with the Employment Equal Opportunity laws.
• Do include compensation and benefits information unless it against company policy.
• Do emphasize your corporate culture and mission to encourage potential candidates to apply.
The Telemarketer job description sample above is an ideal example of a position description that can attract the top talent and convince them to submit their resume. Investing the effort upfront to create an accurate job description will save you time later when you easily locate and hire the best candidate for the position.