The responsibilities of a tire repairer are straightforward, although the situations that requires these professionals vary from service to industrial. They are tasked with identifying issues that tires face and implementing repairs or replacing the tires. They may also replace other minor parts on the struts or rims or select the right tire size and type.
The most important attribute to include on your tire repairer job description is automotive knowledge. These professionals must have a firm understanding of how to change and fix tires, as well as foundational knowledge of the systems the tires are attached to. It is important that candidates have both technical and practical knowledge.
Tire repairers should also have excellent communication, service, collaboration and decision making skills. Be more familiar with the best ways to integrate these requirements fluently and effectively by reviewing the following tire repairer job description template.
Tire Repairer Job Summary
We are looking for a dedicated tire repairer who will join our vehicle maintenance crew and provide general service while focusing on tires. You should be extensively knowledgeable in automobiles, especially with the suspension system. In addition to repairing and changing tires quickly and correctly, you must have excellent communication skills to interact with customers and other vehicle attendants. A history in the service industry is preferred and mechanic working experience is a big plus. Competitive candidates will exhibit critical thinking and decision making skills. Join our talented vehicle maintenance crew and enter a fulfilling career making it safer for drivers.
- Seal punctures or tears in tires or perform other miscellaneous repairs in a timely manner, following established policies and work procedures
- Raise vehicles using standard hydraulic lifts, following all safety precautions at all times to prevent accidents in the workplace
- Use mechanic equipment to unbolt and remove tires, examine and identify issues and reattach wheels to the vehicle correctly and safely
- Take notes of problems, making recommendations for major repairs or implementing minor repairs on the spot
- Weigh tires using balancing machines, carefully identifying which counterweights are necessary to balance the wheels properly
- Relay information to customers about the state of their tires, making recommendations for potential repair processes, carefully listening to customer requests and passing vital information to other attendants
- Monitor inventory as items are used, placing orders for replacements as they become necessary
- Perform minor cleaning duties in the working environment to prevent accidents, as well as on customers’ vehicles as requested
Job Skills & Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent GED
- Class A driver’s license and fully certified
- Minimum two years’ experience working as mechanic or mechanic assistant
- Associate degree in mechanical engineering
Creating a job description that will attract the most talented tire repairers is only the first step in the hiring process. Once you have finished writing, it is time to figure out how the right job seekers will see your opening. Typical approaches to advertising include posting to social media or in the hiring section on the company’s website. One of the very best options is to post your tire repairer job description on online job boards.
MightyRecruiter makes it easy to get your job opening seen by as many people as possible. When you have more candidates to choose from, you can be more confident in whom you choose to hire on to your company’s crew. Our free posting tools allow you to post a job description for free on hundreds of online job boards simultaneously, which maximizes the number of talented tire repairers that will see and respond to it.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter