Tool and die makers are responsible for crafting precision tools and constructing metal forms known as dies which are used in the shaping of metal for forging and stamping operations. These professionals have a variety of duties, including reading sketches, blueprints and CAD specifications, setting up and operating machines and tools, computing sizes and dimensions of tools and dies, and testing completed products.
It is important to emphasize certain skills on your tool and die maker job description. For instance, these professionals must have manual dexterity and mechanical abilities. The work they produce must be extremely accurate and they need to be skilled with safely operating different types of machines.
Tool and die makers should have good technical and mathematical skills and experience using computer applications. Use the following tool and die maker job description template before you begin writing to find out how to incorporate the appropriate information.
Tool and Die Maker Job Summary
Join our team of skilled tool and die makers who belong to a company dedicated to success and hard work. As a tool and die maker with us, you will get to use blueprints to determine project specifications, set up and operate machine tools, finish and adjust parts, and test tools to ensure quality standards are met. You will also get to make use of your outstanding mechanical and mathematical skills while crafting tools and dies. This position is excellent for anyone with exceptional technical expertise and a positive, team-oriented attitude looking to work for a company where they can grow and hone their skills.
- Use sketches, blueprints, specifications and models to plan operations for the fabrication of dies, tools and assemblies, ensuring safety and maximum efficiency
- Verify dimensions of finished parts to ensure they conform to specifications using dial indicators, gauge blocks, calipers and micrometers
- Utilize hand and machine tools to assemble parts of tools and dies and to repair and modify gauges, jigs and dies
- Design templates and jigs to be used as work aids for convenient fabrication of products and parts
- Diagnose and troubleshoot problems and perform repairs on tools, manually operated dies and progressive dies
- Interface with external and internal customers, handle supplier and customer concerns, and work with team members to solve problems during the production process
- File and finish workpieces using the appropriate hand tools to ensure products are smooth and that they fit together properly
- Select the appropriate metals and materials to be used based on properties, ensuring they meet project specifications
Job Skills and Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to stand for shift durations
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds repetitively
- Excellent visual accuracy
- Completion of apprenticeship program or trade school diploma program
- Two to five years of experience in tool and die making
- Experience using CAD
Now you know just how to write a superb tool and die maker job description and what duties and other information to include. However, this is only the first step. Next, you must determine where you will place your well-written job description. It must be easy to find and accessible by potential talent. Job candidates commonly take to social networks to look for jobs, so utilize your accounts to post your description. You can additionally place the description right on your company website or use referrals from your employees to find the right candidates.
In addition to the mentioned places, online job boards are another outstanding place to put your job description. Posting to numerous boards can be time consuming, but MightyRecruiter is here to help by allowing you to post your description to hundreds of online job boards at once for free.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter