Training and development managers perform a variety of tasks designed to train an organization’s employees and enhance their knowledge. These tasks may include planning and implementing various training programs and coordinating with other departments to ensure that employees have the skills necessary to perform their duties.
In order to attract the most qualified candidates, make sure you clearly state the job qualifications expected from each candidate. This information should be included in the skills and qualifications section of your training and development manager job description. Most training and development managers are expected to have a bachelor’s degree or higher. They should also have good communication skills and natural leadership abilities.
Training and development managers interact with employees on a regular basis, and they should be courteous and personable. For help creating the ideal training and development manager job description, take some time to study the example below.
Training and Development Manager Job Summary
As a strong, responsible and driven professional, you’re looking for a work environment where you can excel and hone your skills. We are proud to provide such an environment as well as the tools you need to do your job effectively. Become part of our transformative team, and you will have the opportunity to push the boundaries of innovation every single day. Our fast-paced environment will keep you energized and focused, while our team of dedicated professionals will give you the support you need to conquer every on-the-job challenge you encounter. Join our collaborative global team today, and discover how fulfilling training and development can be!
- Analyze employee training needs and develop training programs as needed, or modify existing programs to meet specific staff needs
- Establish a detailed annual training budget for each organization or department
- Plan and implement staff development and training programs using a variety of methods that may include demonstrations, conferences, classroom training, meetings, workshops and on-the-job training
- Evaluate current training programs and instructor training methods to identify weaknesses or shortcomings and provide recommendations for improvement
- Train supervisors and instructors to help them learn the skills and techniques they need to deal with employees and provide effective training sessions
- Develop procedures for evaluating and testing staff, including new hires
- Discuss training needs and goals with management on a monthly, quarterly or yearly basis to establish training needs based on projected changes, production processes and other factors
- Develop training and educational materials for current staff and new hires, including visual aids, multimedia tools, training booklets and more
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- Five years of training experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to resolve conflicts and de-escalate stressful situations
- Proficient in Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Superior problem solving skills
- Six Sigma certification or equivalent experience highly desirable
It is important to remember that attracting the right applicants to your job opening is a multi-step process. Creating a good training and development manager job description is the first step, so if you have done that already, congratulations! Now, it is time to move on to the second step in the process, which is ensuring that your job listing is visible and can be easily found by the right people.
Most hiring managers post their job listings on traditional job boards. Going this route is a great way to improve the visibility of your listing. However, remember that there are other equally-effective job listing resources you can use to attract even more attention to your job opening, including social networks, word-of-mouth recommendations and your own website. You can also gain maximum exposure and post jobs for free on hundreds of job boards with help from MightyRecruiter.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter