Workers in training and development ensure that new and current employees have the tools and knowledge necessary to perform their jobs. Some of the tasks included in this endeavor are creating training manuals, mentoring employees and researching outside training entities.
Because a training and development specialist works directly with other employees, it is important to have good communication and interpersonal skills. The ability to explain ideas in different ways so the concept is understood by anyone is also important. A good training and development specialist job description highlights the need for these skills.
This position also requires a mix of analytics and creativity. A specialist needs to be able to create organized schedules and reports, but also come up with interesting ways to present this information so it is retained and used. Consult the training and development specialist job description below to see what you should be posting for your opening.
Training and Development Specialist Job Summary
New and current employees need a dedicated training and development specialist who is willing to serve as a resource for information about company practices. In this position, you will be in charge of crafting training programs and training audits to determine who needs what training when. With your skills and experience, you will oversee in-house and contracted training materials to make sure these tools are kept up to date. Our available resources will be available to you to create, maintain and modify training materials both physical and digital. This position has competitive pay rates and comes with advancement opportunities for dedicated professionals.
- Serve as the company’s subject matter expert within the organization on many different topics, and be a resource to employees as needed
- Manage internal company website and databases containing vital training videos, documents and employee metrics pertaining to performance
- Ensure all personal employee records are kept within legal standards for privacy and that employees have access to only their information within company databases
- Plan, organize and develop new training routines for growing and changing departments while these entities adjust to advanced technology and the digital age
- Adjust training programs meant for a classroom environment to be used online with new technology and multimedia aspects
- Maintain and organize training schedules for multiple employees in all departments and ensure that each part of a training program is linked to the correct prerequisites
- Assist management with performing audits of training projects and employees, and updating existing management systems to comply with local regulations
Job Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, instructional or similar fields
- Knowledge of a variety of training tools and multimedia techniques
- Four or more years of experience in a human resources or instructional position
- Interpersonal and communication skills
To attract the right kind of talent, you need a detailed and attractive job description that is visible all over the internet. The included training and development specialist job description is a good example to base your own job description on.
Today’s talented professional looks in a variety of places when seeking a new job. You can enlist the help of your employees by having them reach out via social media and the internet. There are social network resources, online job boards and other websites are the most common, and MightyRecruiter helps you post your job to multiple free job boards.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter