A training specialist plays a valuable role by overseeing all of the detailed tasks associated with instructing employees on everything from duties and responsibilities to company policies and professional conduct. Responsibilities include researching materials and methods, developing training programs, updating or modifying existing courses, establishing a curriculum, overseeing employee instruction and various administrative duties, such as scheduling classes and organizing enrollment.
A well-written training specialist job description will focus on competencies like analytical and interpersonal skills. A likely candidate will also demonstrate confidence when speaking and presenting, and some experience in instructing a group is certainly beneficial.
Applicants should also be aware of the need for someone who is creative to put together a curriculum that follows an organized pattern and is engaging and informative. This training specialist job description template will provide you with ideas of other valuable information to include in your posting.
Training Specialist Job Summary
As a training specialist, you will play an integral role in facilitating and executing employee development programs. You will get the flexibility to design and organize training courses by combining creativity, research and analysis of existing materials. Curriculum planning and enrollment coordination will provide you an opportunity to work with other departmental professionals and employees on an interpersonal level. You will also have the chance to collaborate with other talented instructors to lead trainings and oversee employee participation. Managing course evaluations and overall productivity will allow you to experience the trainings on a personal level to assess their efficiency and ability to engage. This job is a perfect fit if you enjoy working with people, presenting helpful information and using your creativity.
- Develop training materials by completing thorough research, analyzing educational vendors and assessing the employment needs of departmental managers
- Organize a training curriculum that honors company ethics and conduct, is engaging and allows trainees the maximum opportunity to participate
- Evaluate teaching methods to select the options that will aid in the delivery of concepts without unnecessary distraction, downtime or confusion
- Interview and hire enthusiastic instructors who are capable of learning about the training materials and delivering concepts in a way that is effective and memorable
- Contribute to the instruction and presentation of training courses and assess how effectively different methods and materials are at encouraging interaction and participation
- Create budgets for all costs associated with training, and write detailed reports to justify expenditures for reporting to executive management
- Prepare training locations by ensuring instructors have all of the tools, technical equipment and resources needed to effectively teach a course
- Oversee general administrative duties, such as coordinating enrollment, scheduling class times and locations and sending invitation information to all trainees
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business management or related field
- Presentation and communication skills
- At least three years of experience in providing instruction to a group of people
- Familiarity with different teaching methods and materials
Being able to find and hire the right person for the job is a combination of important steps. First, you have to write a polished training specialist job description. Second, you have to assess which information-sharing strategies you will use to give applicants insight about the position. For a more personable approach, you may consider attending a job fair and identifying prospective applicants that way. You could go with a more traditional approach of posting internally on your company website or using referral programs. Social media is another valuable tool to use in sharing your information.
You could also post to online job boards. These virtual platforms are a convenient way for you to share information quickly and are an effective way for applicants to narrow their search using filters. MightyRecruiter is a great place to begin to post jobs for free.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter