Tree trimmers are expected to use a variety of techniques to prune, trim and remove branches from trees. This can either be done for aesthetics or to make an area safer if the tree is posing a potential threat. Tree trimmers should be familiar with a variety of tools to do their jobs effectively.
Mechanical knowledge is crucial, and your tree trimmer job description should go over a few of the tools your company uses. Knowledge of public safety procedures is also useful so that the trimmer can identify what needs to be done to a tree to make it less of a nuisance.
Personal service skills are beneficial to interact with property owners and ensure they are happy with what is being done to the foliage. Below is a tree trimmer job description template that offers a look at the kind of information to put in your own.
Tree Trimmer Job Summary
Do you enjoy working with your hands and feeling exhausted at the end of the day with the knowledge you put in a hard day’s work? Our organization is looking for a new tree trimmer to work with the landscaping department to help homeowners and commercial property managers get safer, more attractive trees. Every day will bring different tasks, trees and fulfilling challenges, such as climbing trees to ensure any precarious branches can be reached or staying on the ground to assist other employees in adequately pruning the tree. Either way, you will be making a difference in your community, and currently, there is a lot of work to go around.
- Operate an array of equipment to remove and dispose of unwanted branches, which can entail using brush chippers, boom trucks, stump chippers, power saws and many others
- Climb trees using climb hooks, belts and ladders in order to access the worksite, or supervise others using these items to ensure they are being safe
- Prune the top of trees to make them more visually pleasing to the general public
- Speak with the property owner to see what needs to be done, and offer recommendations when a tree is too far gone to save
- Inspect trees to see if there are any underlying issues, such as diseases or fungus growing
- Ensure the worksite remains safe by putting up caution tape around the surrounding area if it is in a public space
- Clear the site once the job is done by loading up branches and other pieces of debris into work truck
- Provide advice to property owners about the proper way to care for the new tree, and suggest routine maintenance visits
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Proper certification in tree trimming for the state
- High school diploma
- Prior experience pruning trees
- Leadership skills
- Valid driver’s license
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Bilingual in Spanish
Include as much information as you need to offer a comprehensive tree trimmer job description to active jobseekers in your area. If there are specific skills or experience you want to see in candidates, make those details abundantly clear. It is also important to put your job description on as many online platforms as possible, so no matter what job board a person goes to, he or she will find it.
It is preferable to have too many applicants instead of too few, so never feel as though you are posting to too many places. Your job description should be posted on your company’s website, social media pages and on as many job boards as you can find. However, that can take a lot of time. MightyRecruiter is a service that allows you to post jobs for free, so it is definitely worth looking into.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter