UI developers design the user interfaces for software and machines, including computers, mobile devices and other electronics. The goal of a UI developer is to improve users’ experience by making interactions simple and efficient, so it’s easy for those users to accomplish their goals.
It’s important for UI developers to have a strong understanding of design principles and be able to accommodate the aesthetic ideals of the company, product or program they’re working for without compromising usability. This is an important quality to include in your UI developer job description.
The ability to produce high-quality front-end code is another important skill to seek in a UI developer, and should be mentioned in the skills section of your job posting. Review the example below for more ideas of what to include in your UI developer job description.
UI Developer Job Summary
Joining our team as a UI developer means you’ll be jumping to the forefront of the medical technology field, helping create software that will be used by medical professionals all over the country. Your primary task will be to design and implement user interfaces for maximum usability and performance in web applications. Your work will make an important contribution to medical research and technologies by helping doctors, researchers and lab technicians coordinate and share information across multiple channels. If you have a creative mind, top-notch technical skills, a strong sense of user interface design and an extreme eye for detail, this is the perfect position for you.
- Work with a small team to design and build software applications to function across multiple platforms
- Produce front-end code and visual comps to create a polished and highly functional user interface with a focus on usability and simplicity of design
- Collaborate with end users of software programs, including various medical professionals and office managers, to determine user needs and adapt programming accordingly
- Ensure software operates ideally across a range of programs and platforms, including Microsoft and Apple products and various mobile operating systems
- Use graphic design software to create branding and logos and incorporate visual elements into programming with the goal of creating a streamlined design and a pleasant but visually simple user interface
- Conduct thorough testing of user interfaces in multiple platforms to ensure all designs render correctly and systems function properly, incorporating feedback from actual potential users as well as members of the design team
- Solve any design or usability issues that arise and anticipate potential future problems so they can be resolved before they impact users
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information technology
- Minimum of two years working as a professional UI developer
- Strong understanding of front-end coding and development technologies
- Mastery of C++, Java or other programming language
- In-depth understanding of browser rendering engines
- Basic understanding of medical terminology
A well-written UI developer job description is the perfect first step to attracting qualified jobseekers, but can only be effective if you post it where those jobseekers are likely to look. Technology magazines and other specialized publications can help you locate qualified applicants but generally have a narrow audience.
To widen the pool of qualified candidates for the best chance of finding the perfect employee, it’s important to share your available position on the major online job boards. Posting to job sites individually takes a lot of time and energy, but MightyRecruiter can make the job simple with free job postings to hundreds of online boards.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter