UX designers work on user experience design to enhance user satisfaction of a product by improving its usability, accessibility and appeal. They focus on how users interact with a product and are concerned with users’ overall experiences. Their work combines elements of interaction design, user research and information architecture.
When listing qualifications in a UX designer job description, comment that the applicant should have at least an associate degree and a portfolio of UX interface work. Coursework in computer science, graphic design and web design is most beneficial for this role.
UX designers need to have strong customer service skills and must be user-centric. They need to come up with creative and innovative solutions, pay attention to details and concentrate on coding and designing on a computer for long time periods. See the UX designer job description below for an understanding of what you should include in your own version.
UX Designer Job Summary
Are you looking for a challenge and a larger creative outlet? If you’re a driven designer with a passion for creating the best user experiences possible, we have a place for you. We are seeking a UX designer to join our team of designers and art directors to create the best user experiences in the industry. Use your design and user experience skills to take charge of our user research and translate needs into wireframes and prototypes to improve the overall functionality of our offerings. Join our growing company and help us refine our world class products. Enjoy our great studio culture and our state-of-the-art facility where we work and play hard every day.
- Work in a collaborative environment on product and visual design elements to ensure simple user interface that provides information that is easy to read, understand and find
- Lead experience design strategy sessions by evaluating user goals, client needs and technical opportunities, and refining and improving products
- Define user-centered design and testing methodologies, and validate designs through A/B testing with product management and qualitative user research, including conducting interviews, analyzing user behavior and identifying patterns
- Help develop best practices and processes for UX and design activities
- Create roadmaps for design and development based on creative and technical guidelines, UX principles, research and client strategy
- Provide support to fellow UX designers, graphic designers and developers during production phases
- Develop prototypes, screenshots and wireframes, and present designs to design, product and engineering teams, stakeholders and management, then make strategic design and user experience decisions based on business and user requirements
- Prepare, present and document design templates and create libraries for images
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Associate degree or equivalent college coursework in web design, graphic design, computer science or usability
- Experience creating websites, games and/or mobile applications
- Wireframing, prototyping and user testing experience
- Portfolio showcasing previous UX interfaces
- Knowledgeable about development, program testing and database management system software
- Familiar with application and computer servers
- Bachelor’s degree
- Project management experience
Writing your best UX designer job description is just the start of the process. The next step is to put the job description out in the world and make sure that people can find it. Post the open position in the career sections of various print and digital media to reach job seekers.
Don’t forget your organization’s website, social media accounts, intranet and employee referral programs as well as the many available online job boards. Posting on individual job boards is a lengthy and tedious task, so use MightyRecruiter to post jobs for free to immediately reach hundreds of job boards.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter