You will oversee and coordinate daily warehousing activities by implementing quality, productivity, production, and customer service standards. You will be responsible for achieving the appropriate level of volume within relevant time limits. The goal is to ensure that daily operations not just meet, but exceed daily performance expectations to increase the business’s overall market share. Additionally, you will plan, participate, and supervise in the activities and operations of the warehouse and evaluate assigned team members.
Warehouse Supervisor Job Responsibilities and Duties:
• Maintain high customer satisfaction levels through excellence in dispatching, identifying, receiving, and ensuring quality of products
• Measure and address the effectiveness of employee performance and warehousing activities
• Work with management teams to observe disciplinary issues, attendance, and performance of direct reports
• Control and organize storage and inventory space
• Ensure the accuracy of inventory and shipments
• Communicate position expectations and train employees
• Define staffing needs and allocate workload
• Interact with clients to resolve problems or answer questions
• Maintain records, utilize specialized reports, and document relevant information to calculate warehouse ranks
• Implement new methods, processes, and improvements
• Prepare, pack, schedule, and route orders for delivery
• Identify operations needing development and institute innovations to adjust current work practices and procedures
• Consult and organize activities with other teams and departments
Warehouse Supervisor Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, or Logistics
- Established warehouse supervisory expertise
- Highly efficient supervisory techniques and skills
- Understanding of warehouse software application packages and Microsoft Office proficiency
- Knowledge of conventional management and warehousing fundamentals
- Ability to retrieve, analyze, and input data
- Hands-on dedication to staff training and championing new ideas
- Excellent interpersonal and communication abilities
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Proven experience in coordinating and directing operations
At Nogero Warehouse Solutions, our company’s foundation is focused on superior quality and service. We deliver a unique blend of options tailored to manufacturing, industrial, and commercial. Over the years, we have established ourselves as experts in the industry by creating and implementing innovative sourcing solutions for a diverse variety of clients in the areas of vending, sourcing, and staffing. The commitment and dedication of our management team to provide these services in an environment fostering long-term professional relationships is our central focus. Our research capabilities, industry expertise, extensive network of contacts, and determination allows us to recruit the top talent to best meet the needs of all our clients.
Writing Your Warehouse Supervisor Job Description: Dos and Don’ts
The top talent will be overwhelmed with multiple career options with the creation of more jobs and the demand to fill them. Writing a clearly defined job description will help attract the best performers and encourage them to apply. Here are a few do’s and don’ts to ensure your job description is accurate.
• Do use unbiased language. Use an approach that makes gender pronouns unnecessary.
• Don’t be inflexible with the duties. Role change due of the organizational development, personal growth, and evolution of new technologies.
• Do always use the present tense of verbs.
• Do use traditional verb, object, and explanatory phrases in your sentences.
• Don’t use adjectives or adverbs that are open to interpretation, such as several or occasional.
• Don’t write the posting for an individual. Cover the duties necessary for successfully performing the job.
An application process that is streamlined for job seekers enables them to find answers to their questions about the job and your company and enhances the likelihood of recruiting top talent. Writing an accurate job description is a simple way to recruit the best person for a Warehouse Supervisor position.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter
Writing a Job Description Best Practices
While the above is an excellent Warehouse Supervisor job description sample, there may be situations when you are unable to find an example for a posting. Following are a few best practices and practical do’s and don’ts for those times to ensure that you write an accurate position description and save yourself the hassle of weeding through stacks of unqualified applicants.
• Do indicate experience and qualifications accurately.
• Do write the job description using friendly, informal language to make it engaging and attractive to potential candidates.
• Don’t imply partiality for a particular race, gender, or age.
• Do include the major and specific duties and tasks of the role.
• Don’t overstate the requirements, expertise, or skills necessary for success in the company.
• Don’t put anything in the position description subject to interpretation of a promise of employment or an offer.
• Do use language indicating your organization is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
• Do include benefits information and salary ranges unless it against company policy.
• Do highlight your corporate culture to make potential candidates want to apply.
The Warehouse Supervisor job description sample above is a great example of a job posting that can be useful for attracting the best performers and encourage them to submit their resumes, even if they aren’t currently job searching. Writing a clear and precise position description can help you easily recruit the top talent for the job.