Warehouse clerks perform important duties that help keep businesses on schedule. They keep track of inventory control and ensure the proper tracking of all shipped and received products. They also take care of scheduling and keep accurate records to ensure that all warehouse operations run smoothly.
When you create the skills section of your warehouse job description, you may want to specify that the ideal candidate should be willing to receive on-the-job training. Organizational skills are also very important for this role because it includes keeping detailed and accurate shipping, receiving and inventory records.
Although warehouse clerks spend most of their time in the warehouse and do not frequently come into contact with customers, they should still be personable and create a welcoming environment. For more ideas about what to include in your warehouse job description, take a look at the example below.
Warehouse Job Summary
As a meticulous warehouse clerk, you don’t shy away from challenges or responsibility. Instead, you face them head-on and take great pride in keeping accurate records that help supply chains and businesses remain on schedule. Join our team and discover how fulfilling it can be to have immediate access to all the tools and support you need to efficiently handle your responsibilities. You will have the opportunity to develop your valuable skillset as you streamline warehouse processes and make sure all shipped and received products are promptly and accurately recorded. You will also be given plenty of opportunities to experience upward movement as you grow with our company.
- Receive stock items on a daily or weekly basis and ensure that an accurate count is taken and recorded either manually or electronically
- Unpack, pack and arrange items to make the best use of storage space in warehouses, storage yards or stockrooms
- Examine received and stored products for signs of defects or wear, promptly making note of all problems and reporting them to supervisors as quickly as possible
- Store items in an organized and easily accessible manner in supply rooms, warehouses and other storage areas
- Analyze incoming order requisitions to properly prepare and distribute parts, products, supplies or materials to coworkers and customers
- Verify inventory counts by comparing physical stock counts to inventory computations and adjusting or investigating any discovered errors
- Return defective or damaged items to vendors or dispose of them properly as directed by supervisors or safety regulations
- Ensure that stock and storage areas remain in compliance with safety regulations by maintaining and cleaning equipment, tools, storage areas and supplies
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Willingness to receive on-the-job training
- Excellent organization and problem-solving skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Basic typing and 10-key skills
- High school diploma
- Previous warehouse experience
- Experience operating a forklift
Now that you have created a quality warehouse job description, you have taken the first step toward hiring the ideal candidate. The next step involves getting your job description in front of the right people. There are a lot of job posting resources you can take advantage of, including your own website and word-of-mouth options. There are also countless job boards you can post to in order to get your listing in front of the largest number of people.
Posting to individual job boards can be a time-consuming process, but many employers still do it because it remains one of the most effective ways to catch the attention of applicants. Your time is valuable, so it’s important to use it wisely when trying to fill a position. Thankfully, MightyRecruiter makes it possible for you to save time and post jobs for free to hundreds of job boards at once.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter