Weaving machine setters set up, tend to or operate machines that draw in, loop, knit or weave textiles. They examine woven cloth to look for weaving defects, cut cloth defects or remove filling as needed. They inspect looms for stoppage issues and thread yarn and fabric through guides and rollers for knitting, weaving and other textile processing.
For the skills segment of your weaving machine setter job description, note that the candidate should have good manual and finger dexterity and attention to detail. Candidates should have a high school diploma and a measure of work experience.
Weaving machine setters work indoors while standing, walking, running and using their hands. They should have an eye for spotting defects in textiles, understand textile equipment and have good problem-solving skills. Go over the weaving machine setter job description below for greater insight on what to highlight in your job posting.
Weaving Machine Setter Job Summary
Looking to start your career in the textiles industry? Do you have a passion for fabric and textiles, love working with your hands, and have a great eye for detail? We have an open position for a weaving machine setter where you will have quality assurance duties on our production lines. We’re looking for someone with a positive, can-do attitude and good interpersonal skills. Help us monitor our processes and make sure our products look great. You’ll receive on-the-job training on using our knitting, sewing and weaving machines and how to keep them working. Become a member of our team and enjoy growth opportunities, excellent benefits and competitive pay rates.
- Set up and operate textile machines that handle textile manufacturing and processing tasks such as knitting, winding, twisting, bonding, weaving or stretching
- Put yarn, thread and fabric through needles, guides and machine rollers of equipment for knitting, weaving and other textile processing
- Get information from co-workers on orders, processes or problems and check textiles for defects and inspect products to make sure specifications are met
- Pull products with weaving defects and remove other product defects as appropriate, such as by cutting cloth or removing any filling
- Start machines, monitor their operations and make any necessary adjustments, such as mounting attachments or tools onto production equipment
- Stop machines when production is completed and conduct maintenance procedures, including lubricating the equipment and replacing worn components
- Inspect machines to fix problems or to determine whether repairs are needed
- Record information about work and jobs completed and relevant machine settings and notify managers and fellow workers of equipment maintenance or repair needs
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Have control precision, finger and manual dexterity and arm-hand steadiness
- Ability to monitor equipment operations and perform quality control tests and inspections
- Critical-thinking and complex problem-solving skills
- Good communication and time-management skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous work experience
Write a weaving machine setter job description that will appeal to the best candidates. A compelling job posting will entice them, especially if the posting is easily found across various job sites and social media platforms. You want to spread the word to as many people as you can.
Aside from online job boards, put the job posting on your organization’s social networks, career page on the main website, the intranet and all notifications about employee referral programs. It is a repetitive task to post the job listing individually to the many job boards, so use MightyRecruiter to post to free job boards and broaden your reach.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter