Web designers create, format and organize websites. After thorough analysis of a client’s expectations, a web designer will begin building models, writing code and establishing pathways to develop a platform that is marketable and efficient. Other responsibilities include collaborating with graphics designers to implement artistic components and videos that will enhance a website’s success, performing routine maintenance and monitoring traffic to the site.
Your web designer job description is an excellent place to state required skills so applicants have an immediate understanding of what will be expected of them. Include competencies such as customer service, interpersonal abilities, organization and attention to detail.
Perhaps the most notable expertise for candidates to possess is creativity. This valuable skill will undoubtedly contribute to successful development and organization of website concepts. This complete web designer job description template will show you how to arrange applicable content in a way that is concise and engaging.
Web designer Job Summary
As a web designer, you will have unlimited opportunities to use your creativity to build stunning, marketable websites for our loyal clients. With your understanding of end-user needs, SEO and marketing content and visual appeal, you can design platforms that will better serve a client’s customers and help to establish their credibility and reputation. Your position enables you to work with other talented professionals, such as graphic designers and programmers, to implement media and write code for developing websites. You will have the chance to interact directly with our clients as you discuss their expectations, ensure their website’s productivity and participate in general maintenance. If you are someone who understands technology and customer service and enjoys being creative, this job may be just what you are looking for.
- Consult with clients to understand visual concepts, formatting requirements, end-user needs and company brand and image to develop a strategy for building website components
- Manipulate digital software to build and test different components; send models to clients to guarantee their satisfaction and to verify that outputs are still in alignment with the overall goal
- Collaborate with programmers to write code using languages such as HTML or XML, and ensure that all written code complies with industry standards and is usable on different browsers and devices
- Implement graphics, videos and transitions to enhance a website’s effectiveness and add dimension to the content
- Analyze website security and implement message encryption and firewalls for better control over confidential information
- Program tests to identify glitches, broken links and other problems before publicly launching the website
- Perform routine maintenance, updates and upgrades and make modifications to maintain a functional website
- Monitor website traffic and adjust SEO as needed to prevent lost sales and help position the client at the top of search engine rankings
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in website design or applicable field
- Understanding of HTML, XML and other programming languages
- Must be creative and self-motivated
- Three to five years of experience doing website design
- Familiarity with SEO content and rankings
Applicants are most drawn to job postings that demonstrate clarity and promising opportunities to use their skillset. With a well-written web designer job description, you are one step closer to attracting these types of qualified professionals.
Now, you must choose which methods to incorporate as you share your information. University job fairs are an excellent way to network with potential candidates and gauge a person’s skills in real time. You could also choose to advertise on social media, use referrals and post on job sharing sites like GlassDoor.com. Online job boards are another highly effective way to get the word out to hundreds of applicants in a relatively short period of time. MightyRecruiter can help you get started with accessibility to multiple platforms where you can post jobs for free.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter