Writing a clearly defined position description that attracts top candidates is a crucial part of finding and recruiting the best performers. Spending hours reviewing stacks of applications from job seekers who are unqualified is not something hiring managers need to do. A well-written job posting sifts out less qualified job seekers and those not interested in joining your team. When you spend the time to write an excellent positing, you will save hours of time reviewing applications from those that end up applying Below is a Web Systems Administrator job description sample to help you write an accurate job description.
Web Systems Administrator Job Summary
You will configure, install, and maintain web systems for mobile and web-based applications for our providers and clients. As part of our high-performing and skilled team, you will participate in cutting-edge plans to empower employees and build on success while transforming the client relationship. In this role, you will ensure the reliability, security, integrity, and performance of all systems components, such as applications and database and web servers while operating as a part of a supportive and accomplished application development team. Experience genuine work-life balance and the chance to work on innovative and exciting projects with access to phenomenal training opportunities. Be a part of a team where staff engagement is at an all-time record.
Web Systems Administrator Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Coordinate daily duties with the systems administrator team
- Review innovative technologies for existing and future projects
- Operate on security auditing servers
- Support development teams to tune web application stacks
- Configure and maintain web analytics systems
- Assist other teams as needed
- Help clients with any connectivity issues
- Be on call one week out of four for any emergencies
- Be available for weekly maintenance from 12 a.m. to 4 a.m.
Web Systems Administrator Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum three years of experience as a Linux Systems Administrator
- Planning and tuning web applications
- Expertise with Linux, Apache, PHP, and Oracle
- Load balancing
- Reverse proxy configurations
- Nginx a ++
- Knowledge of security for applications, networking, and operating systems
- Java web applications
- Deployment using automation knowledge
- Monitoring and virtualization experience
- Data center deployment expertise
- Ethernet networking
- Oracle, PostgreSQL, and related SQL systems
At Silverton Systems, we provide a unique combination of technical and business management services, each targeting the enhancement of communications to improve efficiency. Our range of capabilities is diverse but we remain centered on offering optimal solutions. We better enable the senior management of a military command or federal agency to communicate their vision and mission to increase the performance metrics of a web portal. Our information technology specialists offer software services and solutions including database migration and development, website management and design, Internet connectivity solutions, and web enabling. We take pride in recruiting self-motivated, creative individuals who possess the skills and knowledge requisite to enhance our clients’ needs beyond current technology boundaries.
Writing Your Web Systems Administrator Job Description: Dos and Don’ts
The best applicants will have many career choices with the creation of more jobs along with the increased demand to fill them. Writing an accurate positing will attract top talent and encourage them to submit their applications to your posting. Here are a few best practices do’s and don’ts to ensure your position description is right on the mark.
• Do use an unbiased approach so that gender pronouns are unnecessary.
• Don’t be inflexible. Positions grow because of evolving technologies, individual development, and organizational changes.
• Do structure your sentences in traditional object, verb, and explanatory phrases.
• Don’t use adverbs or adjectives that are subject to interpretation, such as several, complex, or occasional.
• Do always use the present tense of verbs.
• Don’t tailor the job description to a particular individual. Instead, make sure to cover the duties essential for performing the job successfully.
A smooth application process for job seekers enables them to get answers to their questions quickly and improves the chances of drawing in the best talent. When you write a clearly defined position description, the result is recruiting and hiring the top candidates for a Web Systems Administrator position.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter
Writing a Job Description Best Practices
- While the above is a standout Web Systems Administrator job description sample, you may find situations when you can’t locate a sample for help. Below are a few basic best practices and practical do’s and don’ts for those instances to ensure that you write an accurate posting and save yourself the hassles of weeding through resumes from unqualified applicants.
- Do write the job description using informal, friendly language so your content is more attractive to potential candidates.
- Don’t imply favoritism for a particular race, gender, or age.
- Do highlight your corporate culture and missing to provide more reasons for potential candidates to submit their resumes.
- Do list the major and precise responsibilities and duties of the position.
- Don’t include anything in the position description subject to interpretation of a promise of employment or an offer.
- Do clearly list job qualifications and experience.
- Do include wording exhibiting your organization is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Do list salary ranges and benefits information unless it against company policy.
- Don’t overstate the skills or requirement essential to growth in the job.
The Web Systems Administrator job description sample above is a great example of a job posting that can locate top talent and encourage them to submit an application for the job. Investing the time to write a clearly defined job description will save time later when you easily recruit the best candidates for the job.