The position of weigher is a mostly clerical job that may sometimes be referred to as material recording clerk and may sometimes be combined with shipping manager responsibilities. Weighers are primarily responsible for gathering and recording information about products to keep accurate inventory and manage shipping, receiving and stocking more effectively. In addition to weighing items, they may also measure, test, check for mistakes and organize the inventory.
Because this position is clerical in nature, the most important attribute to include in your weigher job description is organization. Candidates should have experience with administrative positions and have strong analytical skills.
Additionally, it is beneficial for weighers to be good communicators, especially written, but orally as well. Relaying information to other professionals is at the core of the position. To learn the best way to implement these requirements, take a look at the following weigher job description template.
Weigher Job Summary
Are you a vigilant and dedicated weigher with a keen sense of perception? Do you have the kind of focus it takes to measure delicate ingredients with supreme accuracy from the first minute of your shift to the last? Then our pharmacy may be the place for you. We will put your communication skills to work as an important member of our team, working closely with our pharmacists and other members to ensure that people receive the medication they need to live their best life. Your pharmaceutical and administrative experience makes you the right fit for us, and our dedicated and dynamic staff looks forward to welcoming you aboard.
- Weigh multiple ingredients, chemicals or drugs to ensure they are portioned correctly and meet safe usage requirements
- Perform other minor tests to gain insight into the composition of drugs and determine other attributes as necessary
- Record weight, chemical composition and supply of each item accurately, quickly and clearly, taking care not to make mistakes or cause misunderstandings
- Organize and prepare items carefully to be measured
- Manage inventory, make note of low supply and rotate items as necessary for the entire inventory to be accessible at a moment’s notice
- Fill out order forms for restocking on a monthly basis, ensuring that all necessary items are fully stocked at all times
- Report when a certain item is depleted and investigate the reason, making recommendations for how it can be prevented in the future
- Relay information to pharmacists quickly and accurately, follow instructions from managers and fetch documents or inventory items efficiently and precisely
Job Skills & Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent GED completion
- Two years minimum working experience in medical or pharmaceutical environment
- Bachelor’s degree in pharmacology
- Two years of experience in the service industry
Once you have completed your weigher job description and polished it until you are satisfied, it is time to move on to the next step in the process. It does not matter how strong your job description is if no one sees it. That is why advertising the job opening is so vital. Many companies will only post their openings on their website or through social media. While these locations are a good place to start, some of the very best sources for finding talented candidates are online job boards.
MightyRecruiter knows the best way to leverage online job boards to get the biggest audience of job seekers as possible for your weigher job opening. By using our website, it is possible to post your job description to hundreds of boards at the same time. Turn to MightyRecruiter and post jobs for free.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter