The position of weigher is a mostly clerical job that may sometimes be referred to as material recording clerk and may sometimes be combined with shipping manager responsibilities. Weighers are primarily responsible for gathering and recording information about products to keep accurate inventory and manage shipping, receiving and stocking more effectively. In addition to weighing items, they may also measure, test, check for mistakes and organize the inventory.
Because this position is clerical in nature, the most important attribute to include in your weigher job description is organization. Candidates should have experience with administrative positions and have strong analytical skills.
Additionally, it is beneficial for weighers to be good communicators, especially written, but orally as well. Relaying information to other professionals is at the core of the position. To learn the best way to implement these requirements, take a look at the following weigher job description template.
Weigher Job Summary
Are you a vigilant and dedicated weigher with a keen sense of perception? Do you have the kind of focus it takes to measure delicate ingredients with supreme accuracy from the first minute of your shift to the last? Then our pharmacy may be the place for you. We will put your communication skills to work as an important member of our team, working closely with our pharmacists and other members to ensure that people receive the medication they need to live their best life. Your pharmaceutical and administrative experience makes you the right fit for us, and our dedicated and dynamic staff looks forward to welcoming you aboard.
- Weigh multiple ingredients, chemicals or drugs to ensure they are portioned correctly and meet safe usage requirements
- Perform other minor tests to gain insight into the composition of drugs and determine other attributes as necessary
- Record weight, chemical composition and supply of each item accurately, quickly and clearly, taking care not to make mistakes or cause misunderstandings
- Organize and prepare items carefully to be measured
- Manage inventory, make note of low supply and rotate items as necessary for the entire inventory to be accessible at a moment’s notice
- Fill out order forms for restocking on a monthly basis, ensuring that all necessary items are fully stocked at all times
- Report when a certain item is depleted and investigate the reason, making recommendations for how it can be prevented in the future
- Relay information to pharmacists quickly and accurately, follow instructions from managers and fetch documents or inventory items efficiently and precisely
Job Skills & Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent GED completion
- Two years minimum working experience in medical or pharmaceutical environment
- Bachelor’s degree in pharmacology
- Two years of experience in the service industry
Weigher Job Responsibilities
As the lengthiest portion of your weigher job description, the job responsibilities section is quite important to attracting the best candidates. Through outlining the daily job duties and most important aspects of the position, you can ensure applicants know exactly what they are getting into when they apply. This section must explain job duties with clarity and have good organization. It also needs to describe your expectations when it comes to performance.
To ensure the weigher job responsibilities section communicates clearly, you want to write it in a bulleted format. Do not make it a laundry list, though. You want to limit it to only 6-8 of the most essential job duties. Also, start each entry with an action verb to convey a sense of actually being in the job. If this section is well written, jobseekers can easily determine if this is a job they would like to do or not.
Here is an example of how this section of the weigher job description might look:
- Weigh components to get accurate readings
- Adjust materials on scale for required precision
- Read work orders to determine precise weights and measurements needed
- Pass properly weighed items to the next part of production
- Sort materials based on weight
Weigher Job Specifications
The job qualifications and skills section of your weigher job description may not be long, but it is very important. This section is the main resource you have to separate those who are a good fit from those who are not. When jobseekers read through the job description, this section enables them to know if they have the right education, experience and skills to qualify for the position. Those who do not can pass by and not waste their time or yours by applying. That is why it is crucial to write this section clearly and detail it sufficiently.
You want to use a list format and rank items according to importance. Also, you should note any preferred competencies as such. You may want to include them in a separate list, but include details whenever possible, such as number of years or exact degree fields. You want applicants to know the precise weigher job specifications so they can make an accurate determination about the job. Finally, consider consulting with someone who understands the position to ensure this section includes all the requirements.
Following is an example responsibilities section from a weigher job description:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At least two years of experience as a weigher
- Knowledge of production safety methods and requirements
- Excellent communication skills
- Superior organizational abilities
- Knowledge of weights and measurements is a must