Woodworking machine setters operate, monitor and set up machines that create and make alterations to wooden products. The products consist of everything from furniture to building materials, and woodworkers must feel comfortable working in factory-like environments. They use tools such as lathes, saws and sanders to perfect their products.
Since woodworking machine setters work with heavy machinery on a regular basis, the right job description should emphasize a willingness to follow safety regulations. You may also want to emphasize the need for specialized education or training in your woodworking machine setter job description.
Most woodworkers assemble and create products on an assembly line, so the ideal candidate will need to be comfortable working with others. At the end of production, the right candidate will take pride in producing products for your company. View the following woodworking machine setter job description template to get an idea of what to write.
Woodworking Machine Setter Job Summary
Become a part of our team and work as a woodworking machine setter on the company assembly line. You will be an integral part of the company, helping to produce high-quality wood products to the highest of standards using automated technology. You should have experience operating common woodworking tools and machines, and the ideal candidate will have a strong respect for general safety standards. You will also varnish, sand, stain and apply sealant to our products so they can maintain a beautiful appearance for years to come. As a machine setter, you will report to the production supervisor on a daily basis.
- Produce furniture and wooden products using a variety of electronic tools, coating products and machines; Ensure that all products are assembled according to company standards and policies
- Add adhesives, nails, fasteners and other binding agents; ensure that products are firmly assembled and safe for youth
- Set up, inspect and maintain woodworking machines; report damage or dysfunction to appropriate company party; follow inspection list provided by corporate headquarters
- Guarantee that company and government safety and worker protection policies and regulations are followed on a daily basis; report any safety violations to team supervisor or company head
- Make alterations to wooden products and furniture that has been damaged or deemed “unwanted” by other departments; restore used wooden pieces to a functional level according to company standards
- Meet with team supervisor once a month to discuss productivity goals and how to better achieve them; work with team to achieve company vision and increase efficiency
- Ensure that work station remains clean and free of any clutter; strive to maintain a safe and organized workspace throughout the day
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Associate of Science in woodworking
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Experience operating heavy woodworking machinery
- Excellent communication skills
- Previous experience as woodworking machine setter
- Ability to lift objects of 50 pounds or more
- Previous experience working on an assembly line
If you don’t post your woodworking machine setter job description in the right place, you will have difficulty attracting the right candidates. After crafting an effective job description, which is only half of the job, you will need to ensure that it is viewed by the maximum number of qualified applicants. To do this, you can obtain referrals from your current employees and post frequently to social media. By engaging in these two actions, you can increase your chances of finding the right employee.
Out of all of your resources, online job boards will be the most useful. These job boards are seen by millions of jobseekers each day. Allow MightyRecruiter to post your job description to hundreds of the most heavily trafficked job boards with minimal effort for free.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter