1. Securities Lawyers: An attorney with expertise in structuring the registration, exemption, offer and sale of a security, private placement documents, and drafting offering memoranda should be a member of the business team before the investment package enters funding.
2. Accounting Firms Experienced in Underwriting Initial Public Offers: Accountants prepare and audit the financial statements of a company included in an IPO registration statement. They also assist with preparing other financial portions of the prospectus, such as the capitalization and dilution tables, summary financial information, selected financial data, and any required pro forma financial statements. Many work with the corporation to identify issues providing the necessary financial statements to seek necessary accommodations from the SEC.
3. Industry Professionals: Investment banking firms attract top talent to manage billions of dollars of assets and work with various transaction advisors that include investment bankers, lawyers, accountants, and consultants. Their primary function is to provide oversight and support of the firm’s various portfolio strategies.
4. Client Lists: Even at huge firms, finding new clients is critical because existing companies merge, go out of business, or are acquired on a continual basis. Seizing investment banking opportunities involves focusing research on client lists with a proven track record at global financial institutions.
5. Industry Peers: Tap into industry insights with experts in the field who can provide industry-specific data in sectors of investment banking firms. These connections can be used to set up deals such as mergers and acquisitions, funding infrastructures, and other capital projects. Industry peers can also structure finance programs to redirect cash flow to investors through the creation of financing vehicles.
6. Commercial Corporate Finance Bankers: Considering the current financial climate, an investment banking firm will recommend optimal strategies to raise funds. This may necessitate borrowing from the public through a bond issue or selling an ownership stake in the partnership through a stock offer. The investment banking firm can also help resolve pricing of the instruments by employing advanced financial models.
7. Venture Capital Firms: As a private equity group, most venture capital firms have private funds available to finance transactions. Venture capital is the money contributed to corporations that do not have proven success records, making them high risk investments. These firms have a screening system and criterion they use to determine if the business has a growth potential.
8. Financial Trade Publications: Standard & Poor’s is one of the most comprehensive providers of credit ratings on debt. The rankings allow you to view how low or high various debt issues are rated. Understanding the credit rating of a business can be significant when examining the interest rates of various securities.
9. NASD Regulation’s Public Disclosure Program: Under this program, the NASD reveals explicit data regarding disclosure reports of NASD members and associated professionals, employment history, and other business experience to the public. The primary objective of the application is to help investors make educated decisions about the firms and individuals with whom they may want to do business.
10. Brochures and Internet Websites: Most investment banking firms have comprehensive brochures containing knowledge about resources for funding sources. Many also publish investment banking data on their websites and purport unparalleled accuracy in the financial information market.
Make sure to consider these 10 items when you need reputable sources of information for investment banking firms.
The content on our website is only meant to provide general information and is not legal advice. We make our best efforts to make sure the information is accurate, but we cannot guarantee it. Do not rely on the content as legal advice. For assistance with legal problems or for a legal inquiry please contact you attorney.