Hiring Letter Email
Subject: Offer of Employment: Project Manager at San Francisco Medical Research
On behalf of San Francisco Medical Research, I am pleased to extend an offer of employment as Project Manager. As discussed, we’d like to welcome you aboard in a full-time, exempt position with an annual base salary of $117,000, which will be paid bi-weekly.
In your new position, you will report to Anthony Ryan, Senior Project Manager. If you accept our offer, we anticipate that your first day of employment will be Monday, February 21, 2017. We look forward to welcoming you aboard.
As a regular full-time employee, you will be eligible to receive all benefits provided to our staff members, effective on your first day of employment. These include life and health insurance, 401(k) retirement, and other benefits which will discuss during your orientation.
There are several conditions of employment at San Francisco Medical Research, which are attached as an appendix to this offer letter. These apply to all employees of San Francisco Medical Research.
Please feel free to contact Anthony or me with any questions or concerns you may have regarding this offer, our benefits package, or any of the terms and conditions of your employment. The terms contained in this offer letter supersede all prior oral representations regarding employment.
To officially acknowledge your acceptance of this offer, please sign and date the letter and return it to me via mail no later than January 30, 2019.
We are thrilled to have you join our team. San Francisco Medical Research works hard to help our clients and to create a work environment that supports its staff. We are confident that know having you as part of the San Francisco Medical Research team will help us reach our goals.
San Francisco Medical Research
Attachment: Terms of Employment and San Francisco Medical Research Handbook
I hereby accept the terms of this offer and agree to keep the contents of this letter confidential.
Employment Terms and Conditions
1. At-Will Employment: You should be aware that your employment with San Francisco Medical Research is for no specified period and constitutes at-will employment. As a result, you are free to resign at any time, for any reason or no reason. Similarly, San Francisco Medical Research is free to conclude its employment relationship with you at any time, with or without cause, and with or without notice. We request that, in the event of resignation, you give San Francisco Medical Research at least two-weeks notice.
2. Background Checks: San Francisco Medical Research reserves the right to conduct background investigations and reference checks on all of its potential employees. Employment may be rescinded at any time in the event of unfavorable background investigation and/or reference check results.
3. Federal Immigration Law: For purposes of federal immigration law, you will need to provide to San Francisco Medical Research documentary evidence of your identity and eligibility for employment in the United States. Please provide such documentation to us within three (3) business days of your date of hire.
4. Conflicting Agreements: We also ask that, if you have not already done so, you disclose to San Francisco Medical Research any agreements relating to your prior employment that may affect your eligibility to be employed by San Francisco Medical Research or limit the manner in which you may be employed. It is San Francisco Medical Research’s understanding that any such agreements will not prevent you from performing the duties of your position and you represent that such is the case. By joining San Francisco Medical Research, you agree that, during the term of your employment, you will not engage in any other employment, occupation, consulting or other business activity directly related to San Francisco Medical Research’s business, nor will you engage in any other activities that conflict with your obligations to San Francisco Medical Research. Similarly, you agree not to bring any third party confidential information to San Francisco Medical Research, including that of your former employer, and that in performing your duties for San Francisco Medical Research you will not in any way utilize any such information.
5. Compliance with Company Standards: As a Company employee, you will be expected to abide by San Francisco Medical Research’s rules and standards of conduct. These are outlined in San Francisco Medical Research Employee Handbook, which is distributed and available to each employee.
6. Employee Agreement. As a condition of your employment, you will need to sign and comply with an At-Will Employment, Confidential Information, Invention Assignment and Arbitration Agreement which requires, among other provisions, the assignment of patent rights to any invention made during your employment at San Francisco Medical Research, and nondisclosure of Company proprietary information. This agreement specifies the procedures to be followed in the event of any dispute or claim relating to or arising out of our employment relationship. We will need you to sign the Agreement on or before your first day of work.
7. If you join our [CITY] office, your employment will be governed by and interpreted under the laws of the State of [STATE], without regard to conflict of law principles.
Want to use this letter?
While a hiring letter email is a business document and this remain professional, being warm and welcoming in the opening and closing paragraphs will convey your company’s enthusiasm about your new hire. Remember, if employment is at will, be sure to state this, and don’t forget to enclose helpful documents, like a job description and your employee handbook as needed.
MightyRecruiter cannot guarantee that this email example is legally complaint in your state so be sure to have your legal team review a draft of your letter before sending this or any official letter to a new hire.