Today’s Recruiting Landscape: An Overview of Recruiting
The recruiting landscape is dynamic. It changes constantly, and it’s downright competitive given the improved economy and low unemployment rates. To keep up with the current trends that are driving the way top companies recruit and hire talent, it’s important to ask questions so you can adapt your strategy to attract qualified applicants.
TTo effectively address how a company stacks up against the fierce competition in the war for talent, savvy recruiting and HR professionals need to ask questions like:
- What are the best ways to recruit talent right now—is it through employee referrals, the company’s website, online resources, or word of mouth?
- What’s the most effective method of online recruiting to find qualified applicants?
- Should we negotiate salary, incentive-based pay, or benefits as part of the initial job offer?
- Which types of jobs (entry-level, mid-level, management) are best suited for online recruiting methods?
Find out the answers to these questions and more watching our pre-recorded webinar.
You’ll learn how to:
- Identify the best ways to recruit for open positions
- Determine the best strategy to post jobs to increase visibility
- Prepare for salary and benefit negotiations during hiring
- Manage the cost per hire and time-to-fill rates in a tight labor market
- Measure quality of hire—and other metrics that are proving useful in today’s recruiting environment
- And much more!
Rebecca Barnes-Hogg, SPHR, SHRM-SCP
Founder and Lead Consultant, YOLO Insights®
Rebecca Barnes-Hogg, SPHR, SHRM-SCP, is the small business hiring expert. She is the founder and lead consultant of YOLO Insights®, and is on a mission to ensure that no business is held back because they cannot hire the right people. She is a hiring mentor, recruiting strategist, and Human Resources expert. Ms. Barnes-Hogg has held a variety of HR leadership roles in corporate and non-profit organizations and is a co-author of “Rethinking Human Resources.” She is a sought-after speaker on a variety of topics related to interviewing and hiring, communication, and team building. Ms. Barnes-Hogg also writes for industry journals and publications on HR topics. She leverages her skills to enable her clients to hire amazing people and grow their business. Ms. Barnes-Hogg’s down-to-earth and fun approach to a frustrating and time-consuming process has allowed her clients to hire the right people. Her programs bring her clients more confidence, less stress, and a bigger profit!
Ms. Barnes-Hogg holds an MA in Human Resources Management from The George Washington University and a BS in Business Management from The National-Louis University. She holds the SPHR certification from HRCI and the SHRM-SCP certification from SHRM.
Head of Product, Mighty Recruiter
Formerly a management consultant, Jarred brings years of product and marketing experience from the likes of Google, RocketLawyer, LiveCareer, and IGN. He leads a team of people passionate about delightful user experiences, and when he’s not working on new features, he’s learning songs from the Beatles on his guitar.