2016 was an epic year for hiring, and it showed on social media. Twitter was practically bursting with insightful, helpful, and humorous recruitment tweets – and we took the liberty of scouring the twittersphere to find some of the absolute best.
- Empathize with talent: don’t forget to put yourself in the jobseeker’s shoes.
Saw a pigeon having a job interview earlier. I really hope he got it. pic.twitter.com/xjy7vXchm6
— lenay (@lenaychantelle) November 8, 2016
- If you don’t value the candidate you can’t value the job you are selling. Here we are reminded, it’s a recruiter’s job to treat candidates with respect:
If you don't love your candidates, you can't love your job or survive in your career #RecruiterQuotes
— Twitaholic (@Chaintweter) May 20, 2016
- Recruiters are optimistic heading into 2017.
Global Recruiting Trends 2017 https://t.co/S1i1zciVph via @HireOnLinkedIn #recruitment #hr #hire #TalentAcquisition #socialrecruiting pic.twitter.com/jYn7WCkGB4
— iSource (@Get_iSource) November 3, 2016
- People are also putting their money where their mouth is, leading to more investment in HR tech.
Investments in #HRTech are on the Rise. Via @SierraCedar #HRTechConf @HRTechConf pic.twitter.com/95hNtg5QGo
— Michael M. Moon, PhD (@mikemmoon) October 5, 2016
- Josh Bersin, as always, has the nuts and bolts of how HR technology will grow (but this time it’s in an easy to consume cartoon).
The Future of HR and HR Tech – In a Picture. From my speech "The HR Software Market Reinvents Itself." Thanks @fredericw #hrtechworld pic.twitter.com/1RKjlEVLhV
— Josh Bersin (@Josh_Bersin) October 29, 2016
- Make sure you know the principles of recruiting. Start with this reading list from Glen Cathey, a recruiter’s recruiter.
And to solve all your sourcing learning in one hit have a read of @GlenCathey recommended books pic.twitter.com/hO1pxCqYU4
— andymountney (@andymountney) March 1, 2016
- What makes up the core of a brilliant recruiter? Some argue that it’s curiosity.
My favorite is… "I don't have talent, I have an insatiable urge to figure things out" – @GlenCathey #SourceCon
— John E. Affolter (@JohnnyAffolter) March 2, 2016
- Collaboration with your hiring team is something that recruiters need to constantly work on.
Hahahaha…recruiting humor for your Wednesday! pic.twitter.com/s0U7kMyEn2
— Amanda McFarland (@RecruiterAT) July 6, 2016
- And when the whole hiring team does work together, it can turn out purr-fectly.
Happiness #sadrecruiter #infographic #truth #recruiting #hr pic.twitter.com/cHTqZyghDl
— Sad Recruiter (@sadrecruiter) October 23, 2015
- In candidate outreach, be careful with how you scale the personalization of your outreach.
"Your current experience at Independent Contractor is spot on with what we're looking for." HT @Switz213pic.twitter.com/tJzRKLFw9b
— Shit Recruiters Say (@recruiterbro) April 21, 2016
- But if you personalize with style, talent may just recognize the value they are presenting.
Holy smokes. A Google recruiter sent me an email using the skills listed on my LinkedIn Profile.
It is *gold*. pic.twitter.com/1zGkDgRwku
— Paul Fenwick (@pjf) May 11, 2016
- There’s always something new to figure out, like another topical monster. When Randstad bought Monster for $429 million this year, there were many tweets, but this PokememonGo visual summed up the entire acquisition.
Meanwhile in the boardroom of @RandstadNL… pic.twitter.com/F0jnULRWSY
— Matt Buckland (@ElSatanico) August 9, 2016
- Some songs just keep on playing. Kevin Grossman quoted ADP’s head of HR making an apt cultural comparison between employees that just seem to be there but not doing much and a certain unleavable hotel.
"The Hotel Californians – those are the employees who check out but never leave," said @ADP CHRO Dermot O'Brien. #HRTechConf
— Kevin W. Grossman (@KevinWGrossman) October 6, 2016
- Others will try to recruit those employees, and while open-ended questions are a good starting point, they can lead to some awkward conversations.
Recruiter (calling me at work): Are you able to talk?
Me: Since the age of two.
— Kent Graham (@KentWGraham) January 3, 2016
- Self evaluation is essential. Jackye Clayton, Editor at Recruiting Tools, has evaluated the tech stack of many recruiting teams. Here she speaks to what that means for your company’s ATS.
— Jackye Clayton (@jackyeclayton) April 7, 2016
- The modern recruiter must be a community builder. You can’t grow a community without taking that risk. Here Arron Daniels (HEB Careers) quoted ADP’s Jenny DeVaughn’s growth first mentality.
"Risk more… This community will take you back." @JennyDeVaughn #SourceCon
— Arron Daniels (@arron_daniels) September 23, 2016
- You can’t just sit around and expect candidates to show up. Move beyond the career site.
"Candidates aren't starting at your career site – neither should you!".@CH2Mcareers #TransformRM #Recruitmentmarketing #candidateexperience pic.twitter.com/ie7Atgtvsi
— Jenn Surapisitchat (@jsurapisitchat) November 3, 2016
- Don’t forget to be resourceful in your candidate sourcing efforts.
out doing street photography and this guy in a wheelchair asked for money, so i hired him to be my model for a couple pictures
— lydia (@lydiagsanders) October 25, 2016
- Sometimes you just fall in the love with the perfect candidate.
Just interviewed this kinda old lady. She brought me a slice of home made apple pie that tasted like heaven. I had to hire her. Had to
— Aidin Adljooi آیدین (@AidinAdljooi) August 27, 2016
Leave a Reply