Recruiters are often faced with tremendous challenges in meeting the talent needs of their organizations. We’re expected to handle so many tasks while staying on top of our goals and helping our clients and companies grow. And if we want to master this balancing act, it’s extremely important to utilize the best tools and technology to keep ourselves organized, innovative, and moving forward.
Here are 7 critical Google Extensions that can help you achieve everything you set out to achieve:
- Hiretual: This tool is currently in Beta version and is free to download. In a nutshell, it helps you create Boolean strings based on skill sets and the positions you’re searching for. It also cuts the time you spend viewing LinkedIn profiles by providing you with the most important data from user accounts in an easy-to-read simplified format. It even pulls in contact information, like email addresses and phone numbers, for some profiles.
- 360social: This extension is also free to use and is, in my opinion, one of the best social media candidate research tools on the market. It can provide you with contact information and links to your candidates’ social profiles (it pulls in over 140+ social media sites). It is a sourcing tool and a time saver because it puts everything you need on one screen.
- Limitless: If you are looking for a great time-tracking and productivity tool, this extension is highly recommended. In each new tab, it creates a dashboard personalized for your needs. Not to mention, there are several productivity features it will add in the fall of 2016, such as link organization and seamless productivity support between devices. This tool will also be available on mobile devices in the fall of 2016.
- RiteTag: This tool integrates with many social media websites to help you pick the right hashtags for your post. Alongside recommendations, it provides you with data on what is popular and what would be effective to use. This can be especially valuable if you are new to using hashtags or are not sure how to use some form of data analytics to help decide which hashtags are best.
- Hello Talent: This extension is free and is very easy to use. It helps you source, organize, and share candidates from anywhere with just one click. This is a great addition to any ATS or even as a standalone product for independent recruiters.
- AdRemover for Google Chrome: Advertisements and pop-ups are not only distracting, they can also be dangerous to the health of your computer and your security. This extension adds security to your web browser to protect you from malware.
- Inoreader: This extension sets up RSS feeds for you at your request. RSS feeds help you keep up with any news or mentions about a particular topic. For example, you might want to follow layoffs in particular industries to pick up on new available candidate pools.
There are a ton of extensions on Google Chrome and every day a new one is being developed. You have to find what works for you. Follow Recruitingtools.com and Dean Da Costa, who is a master in Chrome Extensions, to keep on top of what tools are coming out and to see if there is something you want to add to your toolbox. SourceCon is also another great resource for all the new sourcing methods.