For years the most popular way to reach candidates with an unknown email address was through LinkedIn InMail. However, as early as 2014, users started berating this recruiter contact method for its spammy, unpersonalized nature. These days, more and more of the hiring community regards InMails as expensive, and it’s becoming more and more evident that candidate response rates are low. Also, candidates do not login to their LinkedIn accounts every day.
Luckily, Chrome Extensions devoted to revealing contact information based on candidate social profiles have emerged as a great resource for sourcers and recruiters looking for phone numbers and email addresses.
And beyond that, there are a handful of old-school, traditional methods, like Boolean search, that can be surprisingly useful in unearthing the information you need.
Have a look below to find some of my favorite methods for finding candidate email addresses online.
How to Find Candidate Email Addresses Online
- MightySourcer is MightyRecruiter’s Chrome Extension devoted to making it quick and easy to contact and message passive candidates and hard-to-reach talent. The tool works by using social profiles like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and GitHub to pull in information, like email addresses, phone numbers, and even work experience. What’s more, the plugin allows hiring leaders to instantly contact a candidate they find interesting and invite them to apply for a job. Here’s how it works:
- First, make sure you have the MightySourcer Chrome Extension installed on your Chrome Toolbar.
- Second, find the profile of the candidate you would like to contact.
- Click the MightySourcer icon on the toolbar. You have two options. One option is to add the candidate to your job requirement pipeline and invite them to apply. The second option is to click view full profile. Selecting “View Full profile” provides you their email address.
- Hiretual is another amazing Chrome Extension that helps you find email addresses on several websites such as GitHub, Twitter, Facebook, Indeed, and LinkedIn. The tool has a free limited version and a paid version that starts at $89.99 a month. Hiretual came out of beta last year. I had to the opportunity to be one of the first people to try it. Since then, they have added a ton of improvements.
- Connectifier: Connectifer was acquired by LinkedIn in 2016. The tool is very basic, but it can help you find email addresses and sometimes phone numbers on any social media site. The pricing is based on the company and usage. All quotes are custom. The tool boasts that it can get up 80 percent of the email addresses for social media profiles depending on the industry. You can also email candidates directly from the platform. You can connect via Gmail and Outlook.
- Lusha: Lusha is a very simple Chrome Extension that only works with LinkedIn effectively. They provide 5 free credits a month. Subscriptions start at $29.99. In my opinion, it’s not as effective as other tools for finding email addresses online; however, as FitSmallBusiness.com so aptly points out in their ‘Best Places to Buy Business Leads Guide’, those doing a lot of cold calling may find the fact that it provides phone numbers helpful.
- RocketReach is another way to get candidate email addresses online. You would be reaching them at work addresses, so always use caution and be discreet when attempting contact.
- ContactOut is yet another a Chrome Extension that helps you find phone numbers and email addresses. ContactOut gives you 50 free credits a month, which is helpful to the recruiter on a budget. The tool doesn’t go beyond finding email addresses.
- You can also run a simple Google Search to find candidate email addresses online. This is one of the oldest tricks, and it is still very effective in finding candidate email addresses online.
- You can also find candidate email addresses online using other social media profiles, like Twitter and Facebook without using Chrome Extensions. Chrome Extensions are not allowed in every workplace. Some candidates list their email addresses on their Twitter profile.
To find a candidate’s email online using Twitter, here are the steps:
- First, Go to AllMyTweets.net.
- Type in your candidate’s Twitter handle.
- When the results come in, use CTRL+F (or EDIT –> FIND if you hate using shortcuts shortcuts) and search for the term “email.”
- Go through the different tweets mentioning keyword “email” , and you are more than likely to find a tweet with an email address.
It is recommended to use more than one method to find candidate email addresses online. No matter what method you use, always use effective outreach techniques to maximize your email response rates. Avoid sending bulk un-personalized emails which will lower your response rate and online reputation.
Leave a Reply